Twins/Vikings/Wild/Wolves Championship appearance drought tracker

Spoken like a true MN sports fan.

For the record yesterday I was thinking about the twins making the playoffs and my thoughts instantly went to "we'll probably get swept in the first round by the yankees" and then immediately after that I thought "well at least we made the playoffs"...... I kind of wish I was lying :cry:

i hear what you’re sayin, but i didn’t grow up in minnesota and i’m not really a fan of any other minnesota sports teams other than the gophers. i grew up a sf giants fan, sacramento kings fan, oakland raiders fan. when the giants won the world series 2010 i was geeked for the rest of the night. then i woke up the next day and went on with my life. it didn’t enrich my life at all and the sudden success brought a lot of bandwagon fans.

Might as well be the best at something. Losing is something...

The Wolves are the last of the 4 pro franchises to have won a playoff game.

Go Gophers!!

Loons start their playoff run next Sunday, maybe they will change MN's luck!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news here but if it holds true that both the Twins and Yankees are peaking again in their respective divisions, we could be facing each other in the postseason for years to come.

I'm going out on a limb here but I"m going to venture a guess that Las Vegas will hoist a championship before Minnesota will; whether it's the golden misfits of the desert, Vegas Golden Knights, or the Las Vegas Raiders when they come to the desert next summer.

You heard it here first!!

Go Knights Go!!!

It's scary that the team closest to reaching their pinnacle might be Gopher football (if you consider that to be a Rose Bowl and not a national title.)

I'm going out on a limb here but I"m going to venture a guess that Las Vegas will hoist a championship before Minnesota will; whether it's the golden misfits of the desert, Vegas Golden Knights, or the Las Vegas Raiders when they come to the desert next summer.

You heard it here first!!

Go Knights Go!!!

Why do you think that's going out on a limb? Sheesh.

The Lions will win a Super Bowl before the Vikings do.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news here but if it holds true that both the Twins and Yankees are peaking again in their respective divisions, we could be facing each other in the postseason for years to come.

That's not bad news. If you're a competitor you relish the opportunity to get the monkey off your back.

Vikings getting knocked out of playoffs brings this illustrious streak to 105 combined seasons.

Go Gophers!!

Will Gopherhole still exist when this streak is broken? Will the internet?

Will Gopherhole still exist when this streak is broken? Will the internet?

We are committed to seeing the end of this thread through, no matter how long it takes. Once Minnesota pro sports gets its long-awaited title, we'll gladly close this thread.

Well, the Loons made it to the finals of the Hunt Open-Cup Trophy last year (lost to Atlanta).

Watching the '65 MLB all-star game on FSN right now, and it occurred to me: it's now been longer since the 1991 World Series than the number of years between the 1965 WS and 1991.

By the way, I think we have to get the rules straight here. Does it count as a continuation of the drought/streak if no team wins a championship in that season?

By the way, I think we have to get the rules straight here. Does it count as a continuation of the drought/streak if no team wins a championship in that season?
I’ll call an emergency meeting of the rules committee and let you know what they decide.

Watching the '65 MLB all-star game on FSN right now, and it occurred to me: it's now been longer since the 1991 World Series than the number of years between the 1965 WS and 1991.
In other news, Jack Buck called both the 1965 all-star game and the 1991 World Series.

Wolves not getting invited to the big kid post-COVID party brings this illustrious streak to 106 combined seasons.

Go Gophers!!

Just an update and reminder: per back-of-the-envelope calc, the randomized odds of a 106-season streak are on the order of about 950 to 1. If this thing would eventually happen to get to 200 in a row, the odds go to about 400,000 to 1.

Just an update and reminder: per back-of-the-envelope calc, the randomized odds of a 106-season streak are on the order of about 950 to 1. If this thing would eventually happen to get to 200 in a row, the odds go to about 400,000 to 1.
I'd bet my life savings right now that it will get to 200.

Watched a feature on FSN tonight about the 2002 ALDS with awesome interviews with some of the players. LaTroy Hawkins with the grey beard reminded me: it's been 18 years now since that series--the last playoff series the Twins won. It's extraordinary because, in that stretch, they had multiple 90-win seasons and one 100-win season, yet they're sitting on 16 straight postseason losses.

So they win that 2002 series, and Joe Mays shuts down the Angels in game 1 of the league championship...and it's been one indignity after another since that high water mark. 18 years: nothing to be proud of, Russ.

Top Bottom