Twins/Vikings/Wild/Wolves Championship appearance drought tracker

bigtenchamps1899

credulous skeptic
Spoken like a true MN sports fan.

For the record yesterday I was thinking about the twins making the playoffs and my thoughts instantly went to "we'll probably get swept in the first round by the yankees" and then immediately after that I thought "well at least we made the playoffs"...... I kind of wish I was lying :cry:
i hear what you’re sayin, but i didn’t grow up in minnesota and i’m not really a fan of any other minnesota sports teams other than the gophers. i grew up a sf giants fan, sacramento kings fan, oakland raiders fan. when the giants won the world series 2010 i was geeked for the rest of the night. then i woke up the next day and went on with my life. it didn’t enrich my life at all and the sudden success brought a lot of bandwagon fans.

Blizzard

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news here but if it holds true that both the Twins and Yankees are peaking again in their respective divisions, we could be facing each other in the postseason for years to come.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
I'm going out on a limb here but I"m going to venture a guess that Las Vegas will hoist a championship before Minnesota will; whether it's the golden misfits of the desert, Vegas Golden Knights, or the Las Vegas Raiders when they come to the desert next summer.

You heard it here first!!

Go Knights Go!!!

howeda7

It's scary that the team closest to reaching their pinnacle might be Gopher football (if you consider that to be a Rose Bowl and not a national title.)

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
I'm going out on a limb here but I"m going to venture a guess that Las Vegas will hoist a championship before Minnesota will; whether it's the golden misfits of the desert, Vegas Golden Knights, or the Las Vegas Raiders when they come to the desert next summer.

You heard it here first!!

Go Knights Go!!!
Why do you think that's going out on a limb? Sheesh.

The Lions will win a Super Bowl before the Vikings do.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news here but if it holds true that both the Twins and Yankees are peaking again in their respective divisions, we could be facing each other in the postseason for years to come.
That's not bad news. If you're a competitor you relish the opportunity to get the monkey off your back.