TV options - North Dakota

TABinMO

Reaction score
If you live outside MN, like I do, it looks like no TV options for the North Dakota games. Fox 9+ streaming is only local. If you tried to opt for Fox local in your non-Minnesota zip code you only get your local Fox affiliate.

Any ideas?

That is a streaming option, not a TV option.

Ha! When I said TV I meant some way to view it on a screen, whether my laptop or TV. I will check it out.

IF NCHC.TV was smart, they would create a "Two game series" package just for this series and charge 20 bucks.

They're going to lose quite a few potential Gopher customers with the $27+tax price to watch both games.

You can cast from your phone to your TV with one push. If it's on your phone, it's on your TV.
I know that. I just know Gopher hockey has lots of senior citizen fans that struggle with that kind of stuff and prefer to find them on TV. Wasn't sure how tech savvy OP is.

Correction: If you need to do NCHC.TV, do the Monthly Pass and not just the UND monthly pass. You'll need it in early November for the UMD away game.

$30 for 3 games is borderline justifiable for me. But in reality I probably won’t have time to watch them and it would just be a waste of money. Will put it towards my B1G+ renewal instead.

So I’ll follow on twitter.

Yes, $10/game isn't bad considering how expensive everything in the world is now.

Oh and BTW, tonight's game is on Fox9 not Fox9+. Might be worth trying Fox 9 streaming and see if the game is blacked out.

The best TV option for Friday turned out to be the mute button.
Really? I was actually fairly impressed with the UND broadcast. The color commentator was both knowledgeable and did a good job of being impartial. I actually found it a bit amusing because you could feel how disappointed he was in his team.

Oh and BTW, tonight's game is on Fox9 not Fox9+. Might be worth trying Fox 9 streaming and see if the game is blacked out.
You cannot get Twin Cities Fox 9 streaming if you are “out of market”, meaning living outside their broadcast area. You can only get your local Fox affiliate.

Really? I was actually fairly impressed with the UND broadcast. The color commentator was both knowledgeable and did a good job of being impartial. I actually found it a bit amusing because you could feel how disappointed he was in his team.
I was also impressed by the commentator. I laughed that they also said North Dakota, never Fighting Hawks. My buddy joked the last guy that said it got fired 😂😂

You cannot get Twin Cities Fox 9 streaming if you are “out of market”, meaning living outside their broadcast area. You can only get your local Fox affiliate.
You can. They just black out anything that isn't news pretty much. I was watching Fox 9 News at 6:30 up until the game and then it switched to Fox9+ News at 7pm instead of the game.

Last edited:

I was also impressed by the commentator. I laughed that they also said North Dakota, never Fighting Hawks. My buddy joked the last guy that said it got fired 😂😂
Joked but that's actually how they are.

Top Bottom