Turning Point of Game

GopherinPhilly

Reaction score
I just rewatched the game against SoDak...and while the two 2nd half fumbles hurt us...I think the turning point of the game that put us and kept us on our heels was the dropped TD pass by Euree after the Carter interception.

I know the game had lots of points after that to go the other way...but after we got that INT and went 3 and out and missed the FG...Weber, receivers and the coaching staff seemed to press more and make mistakes...if we go into half time up 17-14...I think we put them away in the 2nd half...instead we go in down 21-10 and we press the whole 2nd half.

On a side note...I didn't think we were as good as we played against MTSU and I don't think we are as bad as we played against SoDak...that said...our schedule is brutal and I don't know if we will win another game this year...Brewster is in trouble and I am finally willing to admit that it is well deserved.

Turning point was failing to score a TD on the first drive. Settling for a FG gave them hope. When playing a "lesser" opponent, you've got to take the wind out of their sails early. If you think you've got a chance, you're still in the game.

I just think we didn't come out ready to play. You don't ever want to let a weaker opponent feel like they have a chance. We were slow, apathetic and unmotivated until they second half. by the time we woke up, they were inspired and highly motivated and focused. But yes, you can find a gazillion misplays that would have made a difference.

We were not ready to play. It was the ultimate trap game, I just didn't think we could be trapped as we had so much to prove. I guess I was wrong.

I just think we didn't come out ready to play. You don't ever want to let a weaker opponent feel like they have a chance. We were slow, apathetic and unmotivated until they second half. by the time we woke up, they were inspired and highly motivated and focused. But yes, you can find a gazillion misplays that would have made a difference.

We were not ready to play. It was the ultimate trap game, I just didn't think we could be trapped as we had so much to prove. I guess I was wrong.

I agree with the not ready to play, but they got the ball the second half and took it right down the field for a touchdown. Yes, the intensity levels between the two teams was different, but I'm going with my "We haven't upgraded the talent as much as we think theory." If we had, even with a lackadaisical effort you should be able to beat a team of that caliber. Again: no pass rush, no long runs, no stopping their long plays. Not as much speed and quickness as we like to believe. Hope the USC games proves me wrong.

Top Bottom