Tubby on trash talk & Westbrook

station19

Reaction score
From Myron @ Strib

Coach Tubby Smith said he's talked to his team collectively and individually about squashing the ongoing beef, but he specifically called out Westbrook, who's participated in a lot of the back-and-forth drama between the teams.

"It seems like it's one guy, usually," Smith said. "It's Westbrook all the time. ... He needs to understand that he needs to keep his mouth shut and just play, as well as everybody else."

The article

http://www.startribune.com/sports/g...8cyaiUo8cyaiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUr

"Good Lawrence"

Tubby did not mince words! I like that.

We need "Good Lawrence" to show up today and have a good outing.

Go Gophers!

:clap::clap::clap:

This is more reason they need White, He took out Paul Blart Mall Cop, I'm sure he could backup Westbrook against some OSU thug....As long as they don't pull guns.

Section 201 You should take tubbys advice and use it regarding your actions in the GH....

One would hope in a Nationally televised game Westbrook would be able to keep his emotions in check. I'd really prefer Tubby not send him to the bench to keep order today.

""Section 201 You should take tubbys advice and use it regarding your actions in the GH.... ""

Look who's talking! :confused:

We need Westy as well as Hoff to both have 20+ points in today's game to win. That means no technicals, Larry.

From Myron @ Strib

Coach Tubby Smith said he's talked to his team collectively and individually about squashing the ongoing beef, but he specifically called out Westbrook, who's participated in a lot of the back-and-forth drama between the teams.

"It seems like it's one guy, usually," Smith said. "It's Westbrook all the time. ... He needs to understand that he needs to keep his mouth shut and just play, as well as everybody else."

Tubby can be brutally honest sometimes. But that is one of the reasons why my respect for him continues to grow.

Personally, I appreciate Tubby keeping Westbrook on the bench for a good chunk of the game, especially late.

It is no coincidence that there were no extracurriculars, as Westbrook just sat and watched. Tubby kept a lid on the possibility of thuggery.

IMHO, Tubby is all class.

Westbrook still has a few weeks where Tubby's class can rub off on him. Let's hope Westbrook takes full advantage of the remaining time.;)

Tubby and Westy

Tubby can be brutally honest sometimes. But that is one of the reasons why my respect for him continues to grow.

Personally, I appreciate Tubby keeping Westbrook on the bench for a good chunk of the game, especially late.

It is no coincidence that there were no extracurriculars, as Westbrook just sat and watched. Tubby kept a lid on the possibility of thuggery.

IMHO, Tubby is all class.

Westbrook still has a few weeks where Tubby's class can rub off on him. Let's hope Westbrook takes full advantage of the remaining time.;)

CChamp; I have always been a fan of Lawrence but I completely agree with You and Tubby on this.

+1

did Thad Matta warn his players?
why are we the ones backing down?

Tubby has more 'class' than Matta??? who cares. just win baby.

Top Bottom