Tubby makes in-home visit to Moses Morgan, son of former IU player Winston

An update on Morgan after his official to Indiana, per HoosierNation.com:

Bloomington - Moses Morgan wrapped up his official visit to IU this morning and liked what he heard from both the Hoosier coaching staff and players. Morgan talked with Hoosier Nation about what the IU staff and players had to say, and about how close he is to a decision...

Bloomington – With his Indiana official visit in the books, Moses Morgan is closing in on a decision.

The 6’5”, 180-pound guard was in Bloomington this weekend, leaving this morning after having breakfast with IU Coach Tom Crean. He’s got an official visit set for next weekend to DePaul, and a decision could come not long after that trip.

“After the DePaul visit, I want to sit down and compare the two and then maybe make a decision,” Morgan said.

For the time being, Indiana is in very good standing with the son of former IU player Winston Morgan following their weekend visit.

“The visit went really well,” Morgan said. “The whole time I was there, everyone knew who my dad was and they knew who I was too, so to follow in his footsteps would be big. You can see the fan support is there. They know all the basketball players by name.”

Morgan arrived in town Friday and watched the Hoosiers practice and then spent time with the players, most notably Christian Watford, Verdell Jones and Jeremiah Rivers. On Saturday he went to the football game and toured the campus with assistant coach Bennie Seltzer, and he then had dinner with Crean Saturday night and met back up with the Hoosiers’ head coach this morning for breakfast.

Morgan liked what he heard from Crean about being a big guard in the Hoosiers’ offense, who said the Las Vegas, Nev., standout could potentially filling a role like Rivers and freshman Maurice Creek are expected to fill this year. But he also liked what he heard from the players he spent time with over the weekend.

“Jeremiah said Coach Crean is giving him an opportunity to show what he can do, and said that he’s a good coach who pushes you everyday,” Morgan said. “He said there are no easy days. Verdell said the same thing. Everything I heard from the players was positive.”

While the visit went well, Morgan said the IU staff didn’t pressure him to make a decision before he left. Instead, he made it clear that he was going to check out DePaul next weekend so he has something to compare his Indiana visit against.

“The staff and Coach Crean did a good job of not pressuring me,” Morgan said. “Instead, they focused on talking about the tradition of the program and how the fans are there to support me and the team and that I could follow the legacy of my father.”

DePaul will have a chance to win Morgan over next weekend, and he said if the trip to the Chicago school doesn’t go well he might decide to take one more official. The most likely final official would be to Minnesota, although Morgan said he’s talking with Clemson as well.

“DePaul is at the bottom of the Big East right now, but if I go there I know I’d play right away and get my shots,” Morgan said. “I like the situation there, too, and the Big East is obviously a great conference.”

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom