Tubby in attendance at Harrison Barnes game on Fri. night

Duke and UNC have multiple 4 star and 5 star signings/commits for next year and 2010. I don't think Kansas does, Florida is after him too and I don't think they've recruited his position hard. If he's a one and done, KU, Florida, ISU, and Minnesota make mores sense than Duke and UNC.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't is logical to wear a Duke t-shirt to a Duke game or a Minnesota t-shirt to a Minnesota game?

Come on that is the dumbest I have ever heard to say this guy is going to this school. And go figure it's about Duke.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't is logical to wear a Duke t-shirt to a Duke game or a Minnesota t-shirt to a Minnesota game?

Come on that is the dumbest I have ever heard to say this guy is going to this school. And go figure it's about Duke.

Yes, it is logical. But that created the buzz He's Going To Duke.

On Patrick Patterson's official visit to Florida, Patterson was in the student section doing the Gator Chomp at the end of UF/UK game (which UF won) having a splendid time. Didn't work out real well for Florida.

If you ever want to read a funny story read about Coach K's "recruiting" pitches. Patterson and his family were really turned off when K showed up at their house for the in-home and started shedding tears talking about how "special" Patrick is. It came off as very, very fake. Not to mention what happened during his official.

To contrast; when Tubby came to visit the Patterson's he brought an entire Power Point presentation and on Billy Gillispie's visit he brought in a detailed plan on the development of Patterson, what his role would be on offense and defense and how the offense would be structered around him to fit his strengths.

No tears, no phony promises about him playing SF and none of that emotional manipulation that K is famous for. I'm schoked that players and family fall for that stuff..but the absence of a legitimate post threat since Sheldon Williams departure would show that some aren't falling for it like they have been in the past.

You can't just read too much into some of these things. If you're a wing prospect or a perimeter player though Duke's been very good at developing those guys in college and getting them drafted fairly high.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't is logical to wear a Duke t-shirt to a Duke game or a Minnesota t-shirt to a Minnesota game? Come on that is the dumbest I have ever heard to say this guy is going to this school. And go figure it's about Duke.

I agree, that's lame, even for Duke. Better call Notre Dame and let them know Seantrel Henderson has a Gopher T-shirt on in this pic! http://minnesota.scout.com/a.z?s=176&p=8&c=1&nid=3199305

On Patrick Patterson's official visit to Florida, Patterson was in the student section doing the Gator Chomp at the end of UF/UK game (which UF won) having a splendid time. Didn't work out real well for Florida.

If you ever want to read a funny story read about Coach K's "recruiting" pitches. Patterson and his family were really turned off when K showed up at their house for the in-home and started shedding tears talking about how "special" Patrick is. It came off as very, very fake. Not to mention what happened during his official.

To contrast; when Tubby came to visit the Patterson's he brought an entire Power Point presentation and on Billy Gillispie's visit he brought in a detailed plan on the development of Patterson, what his role would be on offense and defense and how the offense would be structered around him to fit his strengths.

No tears, no phony promises about him playing SF and none of that emotional manipulation that K is famous for. I'm schoked that players and family fall for that stuff..but the absence of a legitimate post threat since Sheldon Williams departure would show that some aren't falling for it like they have been in the past.

You can't just read too much into some of these things. If you're a wing prospect or a perimeter player though Duke's been very good at developing those guys in college and getting them drafted fairly high.

Patterson was UK bound ever since his MM visit in Oct 2006. I know his family. I've heard it firsthand from them. He wavered when Tubby left but Gillispie re-sealed the deal.

Top Bottom