Trump Stands With Saudis Despite Khashoggi Killing

diehard

Send me a copy. I have plenty of associates over in Fayetteville that can break it down in detail. Even if it were in Farsi. My oldest son could do it too. Me? Not so much. Always used indiges for translators to get it right.

justthefacts

A smart statesman would help MBS & use the killing of this spy, as leverage in matters important to our national interests.
It's weird that it's always the correct 19 dimensional chess move to treat our NATO allies like enemies and brutal dictators like friends.

I do like how you call him a spy. I can't imagine how far in the bag you have to be for Trump to swallow Saudi propaganda that fully.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
It's weird that it's always the correct 19 dimensional chess move to treat our NATO allies like enemies and brutal dictators like friends.

I do like how you call him a spy. I can't imagine how far in the bag you have to be for Trump to swallow Saudi propaganda that fully.
Spare me your fake moral concern. You pick and choose when to have a conscious based on your tribalism. The old guard Saudis lost the civil war & MBS won. That's a good thing, imo. Some of the possible benefits include the opportunity to crack down on Al Queda & Isis, since the old Saudi regime facilitated their existence. We also have the opportunity to use the Saudis to help us keep Iran in check. Trump has talked about the Saudis spending their own money, to create humanitarian zones for the Syrian refugees and an Arab military force that could step in and police the ME, so the US could come home. As an a classical liberal, those things matter to me. The only pausible reason the left is now against working toward peace in the ME, is because Trump is leading the fight.

As for calling Khashoggi a spy, you win. We'll call him an 'intelligence asset' instead. Can we agree on that description? The Saudis would call him a 'traitor', obviously. He was a Saudi intel asset who'd flipped and was working for the Saudis enemy Qatar. He was being paid and instructed to spread anti-Saudi propaganda in the US media. We've seen the documentation. No one debates that point.

justthefacts

Spare me your fake moral concern. You pick and choose when to have a conscious based on your tribalism. The old guard Saudis lost the civil war & MBS won. That's a good thing, imo. Some of the possible benefits include the opportunity to crack down on Al Queda & Isis, since the old Saudi regime facilitated their existence. We also have the opportunity to use the Saudis to help us keep Iran in check. Trump has talked about the Saudis spending their own money, to create humanitarian zones for the Syrian refugees and an Arab military force that could step in and police the ME, so the US could come home. As an a classical liberal, those things matter to me. The only pausible reason the left is now against working toward peace in the ME, is because Trump is leading the fight.

As for calling Khashoggi a spy, you win. We'll call him an 'intelligence asset' instead. Can we agree on that description? The Saudis would call him a 'traitor', obviously. He was a Saudi intel asset who'd flipped and was working for the Saudis enemy Qatar. He was being paid and instructed to spread anti-Saudi propaganda in the US media. We've seen the documentation. No one debates that point.
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?5857-Obama-s-popularity-in-Israel&p=66920#post66920

Section2

What is Marlyland, anyway? Is it named after the dog from that movie?
Is this really what you’ve been reduced to? Man, I guess I understand. When you strike out repeatedly, best to just try to string together a few base hits by any means necessary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bottlebass

Main Member
I can't wait to see how CRG and the rest defending pulling out of Syria spin why this is also good because Don said so.
I've already voiced my disappointment in support for SA. I don't think we should be helping them at all until they end their horrible war in Yemen. And I obviously am not happy he's sending more troops to SA.

Unlike you some people can use their brains and decide some things Trump does can be good while others can be bad. Just like I think there were things Obama did that were bad (especially in the ME, and especially with SA and yemen).

howeda7

I've already voiced my disappointment in support for SA. I don't think we should be helping them at all until they end their horrible war in Yemen. And I obviously am not happy he's sending more troops to SA.

Unlike you some people can use their brains and decide some things Trump does can be good while others can be bad. Just like I think there were things Obama did that were bad (especially in the ME, and especially with SA and yemen).
I'm all for reducing our troops in the ME, if it's done in an organized coherent way. It seems all we did is have them stand down based on a wim so Turkey could do what they want. We'll see. The easiest way to reduce military presence is to stop getting into new conflicts.

justthefacts

I'm all for reducing our troops in the ME, if it's done in an organized coherent way. It seems all we did is have them stand down based on a wim so Turkey could do what they want. We'll see. The easiest way to reduce military presence is to stop getting into new conflicts.
We didn't even bring troops home from Syria. We just moved them to a different place in Syria so the killing could start.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
While I'm not fan of being involved in the Middle East, I can at least understand the reasoning for putting troops in Saudi Arabia.

Trump wants to create peace in the Middle East. In order for that to happen, Israel's right to exist has to be acknowledged by the major players in the region. The new regime in Saudi Arabia, as well as several other Muslim nations, have done just that & pledged to work with Israel on a ME Peace Plan. Trump also wants low gas prices. In order for that to happen Saudi oil supply has to keep flowing. The one common foe of peace, one who is dedicated to eliminating Israel from the map & is trying to spike gas prices, is Iran. They've also been secretly working with former Democrats toward their common goals of strengthening Iran, hurting the Saudi & damaging Trump domestically. It doesn't shock me, or anger me that Trump's shifting troops to defend Saudi Arabia's oil fields from Iran & the Democrats.

Last edited: