Trophy Comparison

AF_Howie_2180

Reaction score
I know we are playing for the trophy on the left a stack of tires but I do have to say would be nice to have the trophy on the right added to the trophy collection at the football facilities.
Trophies.jpg

That Vegas trophy is terrible…. it should have been something like the light up Vegas sign…. Not a bedazzled Football with some arches for no reason.

The Vegas trophy looks like some kid just kept sticking sparkly things on it and no one knew it

I know we are playing for the trophy on the left a stack of tires but I do have to say would be nice to have the trophy on the right added to the trophy collection at the football facilities.
View attachment 29073

Could have just said "I'd rather go to Las Vegas than Detroit." Nearly all of us would. Las Vegas is a better destination but that trophy is awful.

Could have just said "I'd rather go to Las Vegas than Detroit." Nearly all of us would. Las Vegas is a better destination but that trophy is awful.
Right. The Quick Lane trophy looks like something that matters - that you'd want to win.

The LV Bowl trophy looks like something you'd want to avoid winning your fantasy football league for because you'd have to take it home and keep it for a year.

Here's a look at the trophies since 2000. I think the Outback Bowl and Holiday Bowl trophies are really good. Are these on display now at the university anywhere along with the 62 Rose Bowl and 85 Independence Bowl trophies?
trophies.jpeg

Here's a look at the trophies since 2000. I think the Outback Bowl and Holiday Bowl trophies are really good. Are these on display now at the university anywhere along with the 62 Rose Bowl and 85 Independence Bowl trophies?
View attachment 29079

I would like to say that just ANY of these is better than the god awful NCAA wood style trophy:

ncaa-diii-mens-hockey-trophy.JPG

They're so boring ... like man have some fun with it....

whatever the trophy looks like, just don't drop it and break it.

(which happened one year with the Governor's Victory Bell trophy, as I recall)

personally, I think the $5 Bits of Broken Chair trophy is still my favorite.

whatever the trophy looks like, just don't drop it and break it.

(which happened one year with the Governor's Victory Bell trophy, as I recall)

personally, I think the $5 Bits of Broken Chair trophy is still my favorite.
It wasn't dropped it just kinda ... not built gud:

bustedtrophy_medium.gif

The Vegas one looks like something my 6 year old would make. She likes to bedazzle everything.

View attachment 29079
Interesting choice of who gets their picture taken with the trophy.

It wasn't dropped it just kinda ... not built gud:

bustedtrophy_medium.gif
No, it got knocked off a table before or during the game I believe and that's when it "broke", at least that's the inside scoop I heard at the time.

However, it also probably wasn't built well and the furvor of the celebration probably broke it more than it already was.

They must have been expecting us to play in that one...Rossi's name is already on the trophy.

Weird.

That Vegas trophy is terrible…. it should have been something like the light up Vegas sign…. Not a bedazzled Football with some arches for no reason.
Agreed. It looks like R2D2's more athletic little cousin with those infinity stones on the side.

Top Bottom