Trevor Winter

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
I drive through Slayton a fair amount. Always think of Trevor Winter.

Maybe this has been posted before but I find it so fascinating.

Trevor Winter (born January 7, 1974 in Slayton, Minnesota) is a retired American professional basketball player.

The 7'0" center from the University of Minnesota played just one game in the National Basketball Association. In the lockout-shortened 1999 NBA season for the Minnesota Timberwolves, in five minutes of action against the L.A. Lakers, Winter grabbed three rebounds and committed five fouls (mostly on dominant center Shaquille O'Neal), making him one of three players in NBA history to have as many fouls as career minutes played.

Oh yea, he's the Moonlight Graham of the NBA.

But, he can say he played in the NBA!

Go Trevor Winter!!

He has a lot of Gophers stuff on his youtube page (aptly named Trevor Winter) including stuff from their return to the Barn after beating UCLA.

Trevor and A-Rob probably improved more during their time with the Goohers than any other players that I can recall in recent years. TW was a damn good college basketball player when he left the U. Whenever I meet/speak with someone from the Slayton area for the first time, I always say: “Oh...the home of Trevor Winter!”. From the reaction, he seems to be a big sense of pride for them.

Trevor was a decent backup. God bless him. His career average for points per game and fouls per game were not far apart.

Trevor and A-Rob probably improved more during their time with the Goohers than any other players that I can recall in recent years. TW was a damn good college basketball player when he left the U. Whenever I meet/speak with someone from the Slayton area for the first time, I always say: “Oh...the home of Trevor Winter!”. From the reaction, he seems to be a big sense of pride for them.
Love seeing Trevors gopher pride/enthusiasm in the tailgate lots during football games. I’d add Jeff Hagen to the most improved list.

Took a road trip to Iowa City in 97 with my son. I still remember him setting a screen in the backcourt when Iowa was pressing us. He sent one of their guards flying and didn’t flinch. Classic pick. Video I could watch over & over. Great guy. I also knew his Dad - great guy as well.

I forgot but I saw him at Lowe’s one day. Tallest dude ever.

Top Bottom