Transfer portal

Don't disagree that you have to change with the times in order to try and keep up. But what is going on is not a pro model and there is also not a cut and dried way of attacking it.
There is, if you have balls.
The Commissioners of the Power divisions get together and set president, like the oligarchy they are, and they tell the NCAA to go f&ck itself while they set the rules of play.

There is, if you have balls.
The Commissioners of the Power divisions get together and set president, like the oligarchy they are, and they tell the NCAA to go f&ck itself while they set the rules of play.
And maybe that happens someday, but that is far easier said then done.

It's coming.
This whole middle management where kids are paid by some shady dealer and then go to play at a school is a worthless model to the schools. They will need to tell the NCAA that it's either going to set the standard or the schools will do it without them. The game of peek-a-boo is over. Kids want to play big boy money then they need to know that the company negotiated, not some nebulous third party being run out of Kiev.
Sure. When if it arrives every program will hire someone to handle contracts.

So in this current situation, (excuse my ignorance) does Ben have x amount and divvies it up as he sees fit? That was kind of the way it was presented in another thread.
I believe technically Ben can have no say in who gets what from the NIL fund. But it's in the same way that political candidates can't coordinate with their Super PAC's. Everyone does and everyone knows it. But MN is probably one of the 2% following the rules.

I believe technically Ben can have no say in who gets what from the NIL fund. But it's in the same way that political candidates can't coordinate with their Super PAC's. Everyone does and everyone knows it. But MN is probably one of the 2% following the rules.
I don't know...when I sat and listened to Ben talk to a small group about it, he said they were going to try to manage it in a way that was fair to the team. That was a year ago. I don't know where they are at with it now, but I remember walking away shaking my head and thinking- they don't get it. If you are going to play the game, you have to pay the producers competitively with other schools. The rest get the tidbits and a nice scholarship.

So in this current situation, (excuse my ignorance) does Ben have x amount and divvies it up as he sees fit? That was kind of the way it was presented in another thread.
The biggest issue right now is that the NIL contracts cannot officially be tied to the schools. We know that's BS, everyone is just pretending this is a reality.

To answer your question, he cannot directly have anything to do with the NIL opportunities. However, he can donate his time for fundraising. So what coaches can do is only donate their time to collectives that donate the money where they want it go.

Hypothetically, lets say Ben wants to support a NIL collective that gives every player X amount of dollars, he could push and donate his time to fundraising activities for that NIL collective.

Top Bottom