Transfer Portal 2024

If I’m being honest I don’t think Karlen is a good fit, imo she would play the same position as Heyer and they both should be starters at their respected school. Mal has done too much to lose minutes.

If I’m being honest I don’t think Karlen is a good fit, imo she would play the same position as Heyer and they both should be starters at their respected school. Mal has done too much to lose minutes.
Liza Karlen would be a massive improvement over Heyer at the 4, but we could play her at the 5. My guess is that she wants to go where she can get at least to the round of 16.

Liza Karlen would be a massive improvement over Heyer at the 4, but we could play her at the 5. My guess is that she wants to go where she can get at least to the round of 16.
Lot of minutes for everyone if you think about it. 4 10 minutes quarters = 40 minutes times 5 players = 200 total minutes + any overtimes. Positions are a little more versatile now in basketball. Iowa had 5 guard type players a few times even.

Figure 32 mpg average for Braun (CC average) that still leaves 168 pts/game. Even with 7 other in rotation that is 24/mpg for the other 7 players. If you even have 8 others in rotation that is still 21/mpg average. (over half the game) Yes this is an average as some might be 5-10 and some might be 25-32. The ladies play hard and 21-30 mpg is still a lot!

So 3 have gone out, two in. I really would not be opposed to a back up pg. I’m thinking a 5th year from a successful mid major who will be content coming off the bench. Basically Sanders haha. But with everyone healthy, maybe even play less. I am already so excited!!

I think Klick will be the backup pg. We’re pretty well set. Maybe more from the portal and save the rest for freshman.

Wait Karlen wouldn’t be a good fit because her and Mal play the same position? And Mal would have to get less minutes? Maybe it would make Mal play better… Karlen first team all Big East and would be the Gophers best all around player.. with that said she ain’t coming here.. Coach P would take Karlen in a second and deal with the hurt feelings later..

Any one heard if Peterson is considering the Gophers? I think that would be a good get to complete the team.

Reminder, most of the transfer game for Minnesota is to retain best players. Little news is good news because the Gophers want to keep what they have. The Gophers players will reach a performance peak ahead as upperclassmen.

If the news is added players, then that is frosting on the cake. Gophers have added, good news.

Top Bottom