Traffic will be brutal on 94 on Saturday

if he visits st. paul on saturday......

hopefully it is early in the day so that it doesn't cause problems with gophers football & twins traffic going west on I-94 through st. paul.

anyways, let's hope this thread does not turn into a political cesspool/slug fest. if it does hopefully it is moved to the off-topic page.

President Obama reportedly will be in St. Paul Saturday, most likely to deliver a speech on health care reform.

Yeah, right...you know he's just as excited to see the new stadium as we are. Obama is a sports fan, I know if I had his job I'd try to kill 2 birds with one stone and make my trip to the cities during the 1st game! :)

Obama's route to the airport

The motorcade will probably take Hwy 5 all the way from the airport to the X. It's a straight shot. Remember, Hwy 5 turns into 7th St. And if I were driving, I would take Hwy 5, but take the the shortcut onto Shepard Road after crossing the river. That has less stop lights. But he's the President, I'm sure he can run the lights.

Best thing to do is to find alternative routes. When you know the area well, you've got a dozen other ways to get there. It's the people who don't know it so well who stick to the routes they know.

I'm taking the bus to get to the game. If anyone isn't highly familiar with the area, and needs help picking an alternate route, I'm sure one of us can help.

The motorcade will probably take Hwy 5 all the way from the airport to the X. It's a straight shot. Remember, Hwy 5 turns into 7th St. And if I were driving, I would take Hwy 5, but take the the shortcut onto Shepard Road after crossing the river. That has less stop lights. But he's the President, I'm sure he can run the lights.

They took the Shepard Rd. route during the Republican Convention, so I would assume that's what they'll do here, as well.

Updating:

The White House has not announced his visit to Minnesota on Saturday, but an official with knowledge of the appearance confirmed it this morning.

New Update:

Speech is 12:30 at Target Center. Doors for Target Center open @ 9:30.

Hopefully the traffic getting into the tailgate lots isn't too bad an noone gets caught up by the motorcade....

New Update:

Speech is 12:30 at Target Center. Doors for Target Center open @ 9:30.

Hopefully the traffic getting into the tailgate lots isn't too bad an noone gets caught up by the motorcade....

And now I'm extra glad I booked rooms at the Holiday Inn.

Damn it. i going to the Twins vs Oakland game at noon this Saturday. but will be home in time to watch the Gophers kick some butt.

Silly question from an AF fan.....staying in Eaagen....best way to avoid the Prez and head for campus? Thanks....looking forward to see the new stadium and game!

GO FALCONS

Silly question from an AF fan.....staying in Eaagen....best way to avoid the Prez and head for campus? Thanks....looking forward to see the new stadium and game!

GO GOPHERS BEAT AIR FORCE

not sure where eaagen is - i know where eagan is however ;) - before one can answer i guess a couple questions would be: where exactly are you staying in eagan? where are you parking when you go to the game?

If you are staying in Eagan and parking in St. Paul, best bet is to head up 35E to downtown St. Paul and then take 94W to Snelling. Won't hit the motorcade then unless AF1 touches down in St. Paul's airport...but I don't think St. Paul is big enough for AF1.

Drive to the game and parking

Darren...thanks for the tip. Still trying to figure out the parking...NEVER been to a stadium you most likely couldn't walk to. Everyone I've talked to says only season ticket holders will park close, everyone else will need train, bus or shuttle. Very confusing.

Does/will the shuttle come to St Paul?? Thanks in advance....See everyone at the game, I'll be the one wearing BLUE

GO FALCONS

Park on the East Bank River Flats, the Minneapolis

Darren...thanks for the tip. Still trying to figure out the parking...NEVER been to a stadium you most likely couldn't walk to. Everyone I've talked to says only season ticket holders will park close, everyone else will need train, bus or shuttle. Very confusing.

Does/will the shuttle come to St Paul?? Thanks in advance....See everyone at the game, I'll be the one wearing BLUE

GO FALCONS

Park Board has opened up tailgaiting and parking below the Student Union for $10. This is an easy and intersting walk that showcases the campus. I'd encourage all visitors to park down there all year. The walk though the Northrop/ Union Mall is the best.

Many season ticket holders would be there on Saturday, had this option been known this spring.

The game-day parking is also available on the St Paul campus ... the "shuttle" most folks are talking about is from the St Paul campus to the stadium ... via bus on a dedicated "bus-way" where the only traffic is U buses, emergency vehicles and the bicyclist or two.

Generally folks from Eagan would take I-35E up to St Paul and follow the West I-94 exit signs to I-94 West. If you're going to park on the St Paul campus, take the Snelling exit and then take Snelling avenue north to the fairgrounds -- you'll know the fairgrounds when you see them. (or you can use mapquest or Google's maps and for destination plug in Snelling Ave and Dan Patch Avenue)

There will also be additional shuttles via the metro transit ... IIRC GopherSports.com has limited details on that but a link to metro transit's site. See http://stadium.gophersports.com/prk_public_transportation.html

Thanks

Thanks....very helpful. We'll be there cheering the BLUE AND SILVER.

Here's some motivational pictures about those who serve.......

f15_15.jpg

c130_14.jpg

f22-raptor-vapor-trails.jpg

F16WithAfterburnerAndVapor.jpg

GO FALCONS

I edited my post to tell you to take 94WEST from 35E. I previously said to take 94 east but that would only lead you to Wisconsin...and trust me, you don't want that.

Top Bottom