Top Moments from last night?

BarnBoy

Reaction score
For those of us that were stuck at a fancy dinner last night watching the scoring progress on a tiny phone in the bathroom, what were the defining moments of the game?

Sounds like there was an interception on the goal line? What else?

The tackle for a loss on the play before the int was just as good if not better. Though they didn't capitalize, I think the pic on the first offensive play of the game was just a great indication of the aggressiveness of the D. The kicking game was erratic at best but when the chips were down we hit a great punt and a FG to extend the lead. Lots of good stuff.

There were several plays from last night that would be hard to argue against, but in my opinion the INT to complete the goal line stand was THE moment of the night. It was just so atypical of what I've come to expect from a Gopher defense. It was at that moment that this team legitimized itself in my mind. I've enjoyed everything they've done this year, but it was that play that made me turn to my buddy and say, "we have an honest to god football team on our hands."

Cedric Thompson's interception on the 1st play from scrimmage was great. The series of the game though, and potentially the season, was the goal line stand and interception.

Hageman's forced fumble was big too, but the goal line stand as a sequence of plays was the greatest backs against the wall gopher defensive play I have ever seen.

When was the last time we had a goal line stand like that? That was incredible. Loudest the bank has ever been I think.

We had 3 people in our group that couldn't make it so me and the other two guys brought our wives. It was the first game ever for two of the wives.....they had a great time. We started the day by coming up Cedar and had Jucy Lucy's at Matt's, then hit the Republic for a beer on the West Bank and bar hopped to the stadium. My son who has season tickets and is a Sr came over at half time gave us hug and we talked about how great the gophers are playing this year - he was so excited to see "mom" at her first game. So I guess, my favorite moment was the entire day. Gopher football, family, night game under the lights, and a win!

Top Bottom