Top 5 Do the Gopher request

CWCWCW

Reaction score
The post below got me thinking about the Do the Gopher.
Although it's corny, there is something I like about anticipating who will start the dance.
My top 5 choices would be:
5. Bud Grant, although he would want compensation.
4. Beyonce. Why not?
3. Dennis Evans. Just imagine.
2. Biden or Trump. Just to see the reaction.
1. Paul Chryst for the game against Becky.

The post below got me thinking about the Do the Gopher.
Although it's corny, there is something I like about anticipating who will start the dance.
My top 5 choices would be:
5. Bud Grant, although he would want compensation.
4. Beyonce. Why not?
3. Dennis Evans. Just imagine.
2. Biden or Trump. Just to see the reaction.
1. Paul Chryst for the game against Becky.
With Beyonce in concert at the stadium in July you just might see her do the Gopher next fall.

Yeah, don't want Bud. Always wants compensation or get something for free. Good coach but goes off the deep end in other areas.

Lizzo seems like a pretty obvious choice if she hasn't done it yet. Amir Coffey, Ko Kieft. Have Rashod Bateman or Antoine Winfield done it yet? Mo Ibrahim someday of course. Otherwise Nick Swardson, Vince Vaughn, maybe Har Mar Superstar, or some member of Doomtree like Dessa or P.O.S., though I'm not sure if appearances at sporting events would be their thing.

Yeah, don't want Bud. Always wants compensation or get something for free. Good coach but goes off the deep end in other areas.
He needs to restock his garage sale inventory.

He's in his 90's and didn't have the salary of today's NFL. He doesn't drive so I don't think it's terrible to ask for compensation. I guess I wasn't aware that Bud was hated for being cheap.

He's in his 90's and didn't have the salary of today's NFL. He doesn't drive so I don't think it's terrible to ask for compensation. I guess I wasn't aware that Bud was hated for being cheap.
That’s news to me too.

If true I would just ignore it as “Dude is getting old / weird/ so am I.”

Lizzo seems like a pretty obvious choice if she hasn't done it yet. Amir Coffey, Ko Kieft. Have Rashod Bateman or Antoine Winfield done it yet? Mo Ibrahim someday of course. Otherwise Nick Swardson, Vince Vaughn, maybe Har Mar Superstar, or some member of Doomtree like Dessa or P.O.S., though I'm not sure if appearances at sporting events would be their thing.
Har Mar Superstar probably out after the assault stuff.

He was earning a healthy salary for years for the Vikings after he retired. The last I knew, was a million dollars a year. Yes, Bud is known for being cheap. He got irritated when he couldn't get free gas anymore at Winter Park long after he retired. He and his family have his way in attempt to hunt on private lands just for starters.

By CHRIS TOMASSON | [email protected] | Pioneer Press
PUBLISHED: | UPDATED: September 10, 2022 at 12:45 p.m.
The Vikings have a chance to win a Super Bowl with Bud Grant still on the payroll.
Grant, the hall of fame coach who was on the wrong end of four Minnesota Super Bowls, is a consultant for the team, and you’d better believe he’s rooting hard for the Vikings to finally go back.
“Of course I’m enjoying it,” Grant said. “I’ve got an office with the Vikings. I’m there every day. I know those people. I’m certainly excited that we’ve got a shot at it. That’s all you can do, and the ball’s got to bounce right.”

Though he was only enrolled for a few weeks at "The U" and has little good to say about his youth up north, I would love to see Dylan do the Gopher!

Top Bottom