Tonight's Veterans Dedication and...

BilldGopher

Section 211
Reaction score
The Veterans Memorial Dedication Ceremony occurred tonight without a hitch. I'd say attendance was at 400 people...maybe more...maybe less...and was very well done.

Congrats to the Administration and Minnesota Veterans for a great start for the stadium.

If there are ghosts of Memorial Stadium past that have haunted this team for almost 30 years...I think they can now rest.

Channel 5 - KSTP was taking film so it might show up at the 10 PM newscast.

AND...on another note...

The Billd family went to Dinkytown via I-394 East to the Washington Avenue exit. We were coming into town at 5:15 so the normal backups were there...especially the lane for I-94 East.

Anyway, we were going all the way in so we were in the far left lane...and there was a nasty bit of traffic that made no sense...then I saw a black Cadillac was the problem...going about 35 mph (in the 55 mph stretch) with clear sailing ahead into Mpls...I was finally able to work up to it and finally pass it on the right...

As I passed and looked over ready to scowl I saw IT WAS SID! I almost died laughing as we headed on to the stadium. He alone was responsible for a huge, unnecessary backup at rush hour.

Mr. Hartman, if you're reading this tonight...PLEASE DRIVE THE FRICKING SPEED LIMIT...or get a driver who can!

Go Gophers! Beat the Air Force Academy!

Top Bottom