Tommy Tuberville reportedly headed to Cincinnati

Makes sense. A Coach has to go every time the Red Raiders play the Golden Gophers.

Is that really a better job? Or did he cash in?

There's no way it's a better job, Cincy might be in the MAC in 4 years. If it's true, he probably a) hated Lubbock and b) cashed in.

lubbock-tx.jpg

Lubbock really REALLY sucks.

And if Butch Jones was getting $2mil+ at Cincy I bet Tuberville will get at least that.

So I guess slight downgrade in job, maybe better pay, much higher quality of life.

I was surprised to hear about the move but I don't think its as ridiculous if you weigh things out.

I think Grinning Glen has to be on their short list after our last meeting.

Tubberville reportedly hated it there, and the fans reciprocated in full (go to any Tech message board and they are celebrating him being gone).

In the short term, if this helps us have a chance at winning the bowl game, all the better!!

Right before a game....sucks to be them....not like Holtz didn't do that to us.

My understanding is that Tuberville was on shaky ground at TT. I think it's more a case getting out before he was run out.

Tubberville reportedly hated it there, and the fans reciprocated in full (go to any Tech message board and they are celebrating him being gone).

In the short term, if this helps us have a chance at winning the bowl game, all the better!!

This should make for some interesting conversations with their fans down in Houston. Sonny Dykes just missed his dream job.

TT will probably go hard after Kliff Kingsbury, A&M quarterbacks coach and former TT QB.

TT will probably go hard after Kliff Kingsbury, A&M quarterbacks coach and former TT QB.

He would probably be one of their first phone calls.

If TT isn't Kingsbury's dream job though he would be crazy to leave A&M right now. 2 more years of Johnny Football is going to do wonders for his coaching resume and will get him interviews at better jobs.

It's like that kid who went on to be the bald dude from ER asking Molly Ringwald out at the prom. KK will toss Tech some panties to sniff and stick around a place where he can do something with his life.

After he's accomplished something, he'll jog through a lap or two at Tech and then go run a car dealership in Lamesa, Texas.

Someone, anyone, leaving Lubbock is no surprise. I know someone who early in his career was an asst. track coach at TT. He told me this story about having his distance runners run the "hill." He said if you were standing there with him at the bottom of the hill and he told you to run up it, you'd do a 360 and ask "what hill?" He said the rise in elevation was so minimal that you'd have to live there for years before you would recognize the "hill." I got the impression that Lubbock is a brutal place to live. Another person I know told me that when you land at the airport in Lubbock and get off the plane, it’ll take your breath away, literally. Thanks to the nearby stockyards, I guess it can be something else to catch a whiff of the Lubbock air. I can’t personally attest to these accounts but have no reason to doubt them.

Someone, anyone, leaving Lubbock is no surprise. I know someone who early in his career was an asst. track coach at TT. He told me this story about having his distance runners run the "hill." He said if you were standing there with him at the bottom of the hill and he told you to run up it, you'd do a 360 and ask "what hill?" He said the rise in elevation was so minimal that you'd have to live there for years before you would recognize the "hill." I got the impression that Lubbock is a brutal place to live. Another person I know told me that when you land at the airport in Lubbock and get off the plane, it’ll take your breath away, literally. Thanks to the nearby stockyards, I guess it can be something else to catch a whiff of the Lubbock air. I can’t personally attest to these accounts but have no reason to doubt them.

To be honest, I never want to leave a state as a bad as whenever I'm in Texas. I've been there in several parts of the state and there is absolutely no way I could ever stomach living there. Such a wasteland.

So you're saying it's a lot like Fargo?

I wonder if the prosecutor will charge Tuberville's wife on her way out of town.

View attachment 1873

Lubbock really REALLY sucks.

And if Butch Jones was getting $2mil+ at Cincy I bet Tuberville will get at least that.

So I guess slight downgrade in job, maybe better pay, much higher quality of life.

I was surprised to hear about the move but I don't think its as ridiculous if you weigh things out.

I think Cincy is a great job. Look what it has lead to the last 3 - Dantonio, Kelly, and Jones.

To be honest, I never want to leave a state as a bad as whenever I'm in Texas. I've been there in several parts of the state and there is absolutely no way I could ever stomach living there. Such a wasteland.
I agree. Texas is miserable. I can't tell if the intense Texas pride is a defense mechanism, or they've simply never left the state.

I think Cincy is a great job. Look what it has lead to the last 3 - Dantonio, Kelly, and Jones.

Agree. A stepping stone for sure, plus a cool city with distractions (Bengals, Reds) if the sh!t hits the fan...and yes as a previous poster said they could be in the MAC in 4 years, but if he does a good job he wont be there in 4...

ESPN reporting that Tuberville will be replaced by Kliff Kingsbury

Top Bottom