Tom Dienhart Says it's Horton

Just have to wash the Lions stench off him now.

Actually Stafford was having a nice rookie season until he got hurt. I see that he worked with Scott Linehan as well with both the Rams and the Lions. Linehan and Barry Alvarez are two good names to be associated with. Hopefully he can make the transition to offensive coordinator.

Sorry .. gotta wash the Lions, Rams, and Badger stench off him now :)

Hopefully he can make the transition to offensive coordinator.

I would venture a guess he won't have much of a problem transitioning.

I think Brew wanted to go the more experienced route this time around. Meidt (although I do no think he was ever a legitimate candidate) and others were too similar to Fisch from the lack of experience standpoint.

So can this guy recruit? How's he in a living room?

On a lighter side, with this coming out of nowhere, we will be hearing quite a few "who's" about Horton.

...On the fifteenth of May, in the jungle of Nool,
In the heat of the day, in the cool of the pool,
He was splashing…enjoying the jungle’s great joys…
When Horton the elephant heard a small noise....

Just have to wash the Lions stench off him now.

As quite possibly the only Gopher AND Detroit Lions fan, I take offense to that statement. But not too much...;)

Gopherprof is right, Stafford was playing pretty well, given the tools/line around him. His injuries (knee and shoulder) deflated his season. Add that to the fact that he lost Brandon Pettigrew (another rook) to and ACL injury, just when he and 'Grew were developing some good chemistry too.

If continuity is the goal with this hire, I am absolutely fine with it. Funny how we lost our OC to the NFL to become a QB coach, and then we get a QB Coach from the NFL to become our new OC.

He should be able to straighten out Weber if we can find him somebody
to throw to.

There is no shortage of talent among the receiver corp. It's a matter of getting everyone on the same page, which may mean simplifying the system, and equally as important, establishing a running game.

Top Bottom