Time to Move Forward

Duluthguy

Reaction score
There have been a lot of very heated arguments on this board over the Brewster's future, and most arguments on both sides contain some facts blurred by a whole lot of perceptions and emotions. Perhaps we can clear the air by trying to zero in on the "facts" as best we can:

Fact 1: Brewster has yet to prove he is a good head coach or ever will be.

Fact 2: Whether you think Brewster has to go or deserves more time, this would be a terrible time to go looking for a new head coach. (Look what happened last time.)

Fact 3: Like it or not, Brewster will be back next year.

Fact 4: Brewster says that next year's team will be his best, and it likely will have the most talent and depth of any Gopher team in the last twenty years. He also says the foundation has been laid for the program to really start moving forward. (It's up to him to prove this.)

Fact 5: Like him or not, Brewster's success would be a much better outcome than Brewster failing.

Fact 6: Like him or not, your opinion of Brewster will have no impact on his future. And, Brewster's future is not up to Maturi. Brewster's future, success or failure, is totally up to him.

Fact 7: We cheer for the team, not the coach. And, with so much talent in the program and so many questions to be answered, next season should be fascinating and fun.

I personally have serious doubts about Brewster, but I'm done focusing on that. For me, it's time to move forward and get excited about the future - whatever that may be. Trust me, that will be much more fun than sitting around waiting for Brewster to fail. Let's put the debate about Brewster on hold until next December when we'll know a whole lot more. Whatever you think now, you might be on a different side of the argument by then.

Agreed. Good post.

Duluthguy, do you mean to say that we may not be able to "enjoy" reading redundant posts about firing Brew, firing Maturi, $hit can this player, play this player instead of that player, and on and on and on and on, ad nauseum? :blah: :blah: :blah: ?

p.s. Good post. Thank you.

Good post Duluth, Dr. Don it could get really dull here huh! I would't hold my breath though.

Good post. Point 3 is all that really matters. The constant debate on this should be suspended until at least October 1st, 2010.

Excellent post. I await the "yea but" style replies that are sure to come.

Duluth Guy Post

Very good points! This duluthguy basically put a reality check for all of us. Point taken, like Tim B. or not he will be our coach next year and probably the following year also.

It would really be something if the Gophers have a banner year in 2010. That would shut a lot of the naysayers up awful quick.

Go Gopher's!!

Top Bottom