Tim Brewster has accepted a job as the tight ends coach and associate head coach at Charlotte

Associate Head Coach and Tight Ends Coach, for Charlotte 49ers

Interesting how his time at UMN is minimized in his Bio.
look at this example: has worked at seven Power Five schools, including Texas, North Carolina, Florida State, Florida, Texas A&M and Mississippi State,
(Note: Colorado was mentioned as most recent job,so that's 7, don't we count as a P5 school? )

This is only mention of his time here
Brewster was head coach at Minnesota from 2007-10 and led the Gophers to the Insight Bowl in 2008 and 2009.

Good Luck coach Brew at your next leg of the journey

look at this example: has worked at seven Power Five schools, including Texas, North Carolina, Florida State, Florida, Texas A&M and Mississippi State,
(Note: Colorado was mentioned as most recent job,so that's 7, don't we count as a P5 school? )

Brewster was head coach at Minnesota from 2007-10 and led the Gophers to the Insight Bowl in 2008 and 2009.

You definitely minimize a job you got fired from.

I wonder how NIL will impact his recruiting at a smaller school with a minimal NIL footprint? Brew has always been a great recruiter, as evidenced by his gigs since he left here, this has to do something. The guy definitely has some charisma.

It is crazy that it is minimized. His run here was bad but not even close to Ben Johnson bad. We went to two bowl games - I drank waaaayyy tooo much at one of them.

Hard to believe those bowl games are going on 15 and 16 seasons ago already. Where does the time go?

“If you’re goin’ bear hunting, you better be prepared to go get the bear to “Char”.”

Charlotte is pretty intriguing. Their HC is either a maniac or a genius…probably somewhere in the middle

Since he left Minnesota, he has made nearly $4.5 million (according to this site). I think I could nomad a bit for that amount. Add in his MN time and he's over $7.25 million since 2007.
I would have a tough time doing that while raising my kids, but aside from that era, sure. Moving around would be fun, especially with money.

It is a little sad that our former head coach here is coaching tight ends at Charlotte 15 years later. Meanwhile, Lou Holtz went and won a national championship just 3 years later on the opposite side of the coaching spectrum..

I can't even imagine how angry Glen Mason was getting fired for THAT guy!!!

It is a little sad that our former head coach here is coaching tight ends at Charlotte 15 years later. Meanwhile, Lou Holtz went and won a national championship just 3 years later on the opposite side of the coaching spectrum..

Glen has pretty much made peace with how his tenure ended, reference his very popular segments on the Dan B show on KFAN. nobody knew at the time who the next coach would be and how it would go. you can never predict that. just need to be cautious in making any change. Glen has stated such on KFAN.

Mase wasn't fired in favor of Brewster, they were separate events. I don't think Maturi had Brewster in his back pocket when he fired Mason. Firing Mason was a justifiable move at the time, hiring Brew was a huge failure.

Mase wasn't fired in favor of Brewster, they were separate events. I don't think Maturi had Brewster in his back pocket when he fired Mason. Firing Mason was a justifiable move at the time, hiring Brew was a huge failure.
Separate events yes, but how do you think Mason felt when Brewster - a big nobody - was selected as his replacement? Or - how do you think he felt when the next few years unfolded???

Hiring Brewster is why Maturi should not have his name on any buildings. I know he was advocate but fact he mishandled football and basketball as revenue sports hurt tge University financially.

Hiring Brewster is why Maturi should not have his name on any buildings. I know he was advocate but fact he mishandled football and basketball as revenue sports hurt tge University financially.
Another clock watching check casher. We got 40 years of em.

ADs do more than just hire coaches.

It's weird that is the measuring stick all the time.

There's really nothing about an AD's job that makes them good at evaluating coaches.

Separate events yes, but how do you think Mason felt when Brewster - a big nobody - was selected as his replacement? Or - how do you think he felt when the next few years unfolded???
I'm guessing he felt like the U was a clown show, which it was.

Don't coaches at that level get fired fairly regularly?
They do, but we must not speak of that. The narrative goes: " coach x devopled three NFL players at his stop at location Z"

Not only was he not "in his back pocket," Maturi has stated publicly that, when he fired Mason, he had never even heard of Tim Brewster.

Top Bottom