Tim Brando had Coach Kill on today

husker70

Reaction score
I caught just a portion of the segment, Coach Kill was excellent. Brando likened the team overcoming obstacles, much like the head coach. I looked for the segment on line but could not find it. There was a tweet from Brando, but I don't tweet or know how to bring it to the hole. All and all very positive day on the National Stage for Coach Kill and The Golden Gophers.

Here's Brando's page.

The Kill item is the third one down.

Link: https://twitter.com/TimBrando

You can only get a snippet from the interview because the entire interview requires a subscription to Sirius XM radio.

Well, listening to that interview, and some other things Coach Kill said last week, tells me Souhan's hatchet job affected him. I think JK would be fine if someone said he's a lousy coach, but the despicable way Souhan has attacked him has surprised him.

I thought it was an excellent interview, both Brando and Coach Kill were great. There was questions about his Epilepsy and the surrounding issues with it and a few about actual football. Brando offered up some real depth in his questions and then let Kill just talk about it, which really let Jerry be a bit more personal than in normal interviews. At the end, after Jerry hung up, Brando had many nice things to say. The word "wow" came out. I believe he said "wow, that was great" and almost sounded choked up or affected.

The one thing that Kill said that stood out to me was that he thinks the team is ahead of schedule given this is really only HIS third recruiting class because when he was hired they honored all the previous commits. And that he felt we went toe-to-toe against wisconsin and played with them but the turnovers cost us the game.

Good to hear that Brando did a positive piece on the Gophers . Wasn't he one of the national people that wanted to hang Norwood and anyone else connected with the Athletic Dept. from the nearest tree after Tubby got canned last spring ?

The word "wow" came out. I believe he said "wow, that was great" and almost sounded choked up or affected.

Thanks much for sharing your synopsis. I wouldn't be surprised if Brandow was wowed or emotional after talking with JK.

Top Bottom