Ticket office - unofficial information

GOFUR

Section 238 - Row 4
Reaction score
For what it is worth ......

I had reason to call the ticket office this morning. I decided to take advantage of the situation and ask the person on the phone a few questions. He seemed somewhat sure of himself.

Q: Roughly, how many would you say have not renewed their season tickets?
A: About 1400.

Q: How many are on the waiting list?
A: 3600

Q:Is that an estimated total of 3600 tickets or is that the actual number of names on the waiting list?
A: Number of names on the waiting list.

Q: When is the waiting list going to be contacted?
A: We started contacting the first of the waiting list today.

The 3600 number seems high in comparison to the 1500 number that has been tossed about in recent days. Can anyone confirm this information?

The 3600 number seems high in comparison to the 1500 number that has been tossed about in recent days. Can anyone confirm this information?

I don't know that you are going to find a better resource than the Gopher Ticket Office.

I put my name on the wait list 2-3 months ago and I'm 1300 on the list. It must be more than 1500.

I'm guessing that as the snow melted and there was more media coverage on the completion of the stadium, alot more people called to get put on the waiting list. I wouldn't be surprised if they received a couple thousand calls in the last couple of months.

By the way, the fact that 1400 did not renew pretty much confirms what the ticket office was saying before. If all of these people had renewed than the stadium would have been very close to sold out before getting to the waiting list. It was probably alot of gray hairs that preferred the friendly confines of a 72 degree dome. Can we now stop all of these emails from certain people about how the ticket office was lying to people about the stadium being sold out?

Apparently the wait list is going to go pretty slow though. I have 2 tickets on the wait list so I can have 4 for the season and I'm #290 and 291...they told me today probably a week to two (closer to two) before I would get any type of call for those tickets being available.

I also found out that if you have multiple tickets in multiple locations like I will you can request seat changes to have them together come July 1st. No information from them on how it will work...just that that's when they'll let you move seats around.

I joined about 3 weeks ago and I'm #1,555 on the waitlist.

I am number 14 so I will let you all know when I hear from the ticket office.

1555 3 weeks ago, now up to 3600? 2100 in 3 weeks? Hmmmm. I wonder if the ticket office dude was confused......

Its probably at 1800 with an assumption of two tickets a person (he was most likely incorrect on question #3).

I talked to someone there last week, and she told me that there was around 1600 people on the waiting list. Seat selection for wait list people will start second week of June. There are more tickets requested on the wait list than there are seats left, but they couldn't say for sure since the process for season ticket holders wasn't done yet. Probably most people on the wait list will get some seats. If you requested 2 or especially 1 season tickets, you probably have a better chance even if you are farther down the list.

I sent my waiting list form in on Feb 13th, I am #1,426 on the waiting list. I remember calling in a month after I sent it in to ask what number I was and I was told that they had not yet entered forms they had recently received (apparently because they were "backed up"). If there is roughly 1,500 on the waiting list right now and I am #1,426 (having sent in my form 4 f'ing months ago) I am going to call the ticket office and go postal on their a$$e$.

Can anyone else give me a time reference by telling me when they sent their form in and what number they are? Thanks.

I sent my waiting list form in on Feb 13th, I am #1,426 on the waiting list. I remember calling in a month after I sent it in to ask what number I was and I was told that they had not yet entered forms they had recently received (apparently because they were "backed up"). If there is roughly 1,500 on the waiting list right now and I am #1,426 (having sent in my form 4 f'ing months ago) I am going to call the ticket office and go postal on their a$$e$.

Can anyone else give me a time reference by telling me when they sent their form in and what number they are? Thanks.

It's a conspiracy I tell you, a conspiracy! :)

When I dropped off my application in person, I asked them to enter it for me right there and give me my number. I know that not everyone has that option so it is a bummer that it went down this way for you.

It's a conspiracy I tell you, a conspiracy! :)

Hahaha, I don't think there is a conspiracy, just a bunch of clueless college students being monitored by an adult with other things on their plate. I'm sure this waiting list process was far from perfect.

But I would still be interested in other people's position on the list and what time they sent in their form.

Yea, keep us posted!

I'm in the 20's or so. When I dropped my application off the day after the wait list started the chick working showed me the stack and counted 25 or so. Anyway I got a call yesterday afternoon from the ticket office. They were making sure my info (email in particular) was correct. I'll be getting a wait list seat selection email Friday or early next week.

No excuse for not being higher on the wait list if you have read board in the past

Good thing you aren't a procrastinator. Did this stadium thing just sneak up on you?

No excuse for not being higher on the wait list if you have read board in the past. Good thing you aren't a procrastinator. Did this stadium thing just sneak up on you?

Pretty quick to lump everyone into 1 category, aren't we?? I am still a student and have the opportunity to buy student tickets for another 4 years. Eventually, I want to transition into 'real' seats. I was also told by the ticket office (during the winter) that they were not sure if the waitlist would carry over until next year or not. So, assuming that the waitlist did carry over, I put my name on the list so I'd have tickets in the next couple of seasons. I ended up being 1,300. I really don't need tickets for a couple of years, so I'll give them to family and friends (Gopher fans only) until I need them. Long story, short. There are a variety of reasons to be lower on the list, don't be so quick to judge.

I still don't think it's been absolutely clarified if the number of the wait list is the number of people who have requested tickets or the number of actual tickets requested. (i.e. if I put 1 name on the waitlist and request 4 tickets, is my contribution to the wait list number 1 or 4?) It seems that everyone who contacts the ticket office about this is getting a different variation of it.

I'm guessing that question #3 was misinterpreted. He probably meant the number of tickets on the waitlist was around 3600 with the amount of names being about 1500. That would make it so the average person on the waitlist would be getting 2 or 3 tickets. I think that makes the most sense after seeing the different wait list numbers that have been thrown around.

On that note, if ~1500 was the number of tickets on the waitlist, if those people only got 2 tickets each, that would mean only 750 people have signed up for tickets. That definitely sounds wrong.

Pretty quick to lump everyone into 1 category, aren't we?? I am still a student and have the opportunity to buy student tickets for another 4 years. Eventually, I want to transition into 'real' seats. I was also told by the ticket office (during the winter) that they were not sure if the waitlist would carry over until next year or not. So, assuming that the waitlist did carry over, I put my name on the list so I'd have tickets in the next couple of seasons. I ended up being 1,300. I really don't need tickets for a couple of years, so I'll give them to family and friends (Gopher fans only) until I need them. Long story, short. There are a variety of reasons to be lower on the list, don't be so quick to judge.

I'm chiding sonnygarcia because if he truly needs tickets for this coming year and waited that long to get on the waiting list he's SOL. I don't have too much sympathy for those who weren't proactive and didn't get their names of the waiting list ASAP. If having season tickets means that much to a person it would have been a higher priority.

Pharmacokinetic_equations_html_m3fb3c5a2.gif

I'm sure as a PD1 student you would know about the need to plan in advance.

I added 4 more tickets to the wait list the Monday after the Iowa game. They probably weren't too busy with requests that week to put it off. They gave me one number, something like #802.

if he truly needs tickets for this coming year and waited that long to get on the waiting list he's SOL. I don't have too much sympathy for those who weren't proactive and didn't get their names of the waiting list ASAP. If having season tickets means that much to a person it would have been a higher priority.

I attribute most of the emotion in all posts concerning capacity, waitinglist, etc. to growing pains. For years, people have gotten used to being able to buy cheap tickets almost anytime they wanted them. Often cheap was actually free. People got used to being coddled and aggressively marketed to by the U.

Now the U doesn't have to care. They are doing everyone a favor by even having a damn waiting list. They will sell all of the tickets whether they chose to sell them to season ticket holders or as single game tickets. Their job ends there.

Well I got my e-mail last night from the ticket office. Wait list seat selection begins on June 8 and goes through the 16. Tickets are available until they are gobbled up. The e-mail said there are 4500 people on the list and only 2500 tickets left. I am number 14 and select on Monday morning June 8th at 950 AM. Hope this helps everyone on the wait list gauge where they might be at.

Well I got my e-mail last night from the ticket office. Wait list seat selection begins on June 8 and goes through the 16. Tickets are available until they are gobbled up. The e-mail said there are 4500 people on the list and only 2500 tickets left. I am number 14 and select on Monday morning June 8th at 950 AM. Hope this helps everyone on the wait list gauge where they might be at.

Well, either the U didn't fact check their own e-mail carefully (I hope to god this is not it) or the buzz around the stadium definitely ramped up a few notches in recent weeks. Here's hoping for the latter. :)

Correction

Actually the email stated that there were 4500 tickets on the wait list and only 2500 tickets left. Assuming that everyone on the wait list committed to 4 tickets that means that there are 1125 people on the waiting list. Again this is assuming that everyone listed 4 tickets.
I just got my email this morning and I was 102 on the wait list picking at 12:15 on the 8th.

Based on other posts we know the waitlist is at least at 1500 people. I'm guessing some people want 4 tickets while many others want two tickets. My guess is that there are somewhere between 1500 and 2000 people on the list. Regardless, we know the place is going to be a sellout with season tickets minus the visitor allotment and athletic department seats.

I received the email as well. I am 22nd on the wait list and pick seats Monday June 8 at 10:00 AM.

Email states:

You are not guaranteed a chance to buy Gopher Football season tickets. We will sell the remaining tickets to people on the waiting list based on when they signed up. We have more than 4,500 ticket commitments on the waiting list, but only about 2,500 tickets remain available.

It's pretty cool to look at the stadium and see what seats are available....

Top Bottom