Ticket Market...

tato2001

Reaction score
...any idea on how much Iowa tickets dropped on StubHub today?

Don't know about stubhub but a lifelong gopher football ticket holder, who is a friend, called and left me a message after the game......the iowa/mn tickets are mine if I want them.

See ya at the bank in November.

This game has the potential to be truly, truly awful. I am going to have to get uber wasted to deal with it. At least Maroon will singlehandedly keep the lice of the field.

Just went on stubhub and the USC game is much more affordable and No. illinois is on its way to being a $5 ticket. Stay away from the Mall of America on The weekend of 11/27, it will be miserable with all of the heavy set people dressed in black and gold jamming the halls.

We're gonna see Gopher Tickets on the McDonald's Dollar Menu by the end of the year at this rate... :(

Well, Iowa smoked Iowa State 35-7 today. If the Hawkeyes keep winning, then the StubHub prices will remain fairly high for that game. If IA is trying to clinch another BCS bowl berth against us, then those tickets will fetch a nice price because they all will be coming north to try to watch that game.

I'm actually less concerned about the performance of the team than I am with the prospect of a tomb of a stadium or, worse, having it filled with the wretches from down south. NIU and NU will be the keys. We have low attendance at those two games and we may as well move the Iowa game to Kinnick.

There are nearly 2,000 seats on Stubhub for USC. It could be a $25 ticket by Saturday.

I don't care how crappy the season goes. I will not sell or give my tickets to a pigeon fan. Period.

Student tickets had been going for around $50 for the USC game before today...now I've heard from people who are just hoping to get $15...quite a swing. It could be a pretty empty student section later this year if we don't beat USC.

I'm actually less concerned about the performance of the team than I am with the prospect of a tomb of a stadium or, worse, having it filled with the wretches from down south. NIU and NU will be the keys. We have low attendance at those two games and we may as well move the Iowa game to Kinnick.

But but but... their wives all want to shop at Mall of America... its a long drive from Iowa City.

Akgopher, I know you know Stubhub better than me but I have been tracking numbers of tickets for several weeks and they haven't really changed (bottom price is steadily dropping though). Do you tihnk today changes things?

Student tickets had been going for around $50 for the USC game before today...now I've heard from people who are just hoping to get $15...quite a swing. It could be a pretty empty student section later this year if we don't beat USC.

They are fools - if they have tickets they absolutely should see the USC game... years from now when bitching about how bad Gopher football is then they'll be able to say "Oh ya - you should have seen USC 2010 - NOW THAT was bad!"

It also makes the occasional good season that much sweeter having seen the really ugly with your own eyes.

Akgopher, I know you know Stubhub better than me but I have been tracking numbers of tickets for several weeks and they haven't really changed (bottom price is steadily dropping though). Do you tihnk today changes things?

The key is watching how many seats still for sale. It's at 1,700+ on Stubhub and another guy on Craigslist has a site selling them for $40 already. It'll be interesting to see what happens to the bottom line of ticket prices if there are 1,200-1,500 still available on on Stubhub Wednesday and Thursday. Two weeks ago, USC looked like a $80 ticket. Target Field and poor performance really takes a lot of the TCF luster away.

Iowa brought roughly 25,000 people to the dome to watch the damn team at a price over face value against bad Gopher teams. I have no reason to believe that this season will be any different.

Top Bottom