Three years ago today! Gophers beat No. 4 Penn State at home!

That and the incredible 2019 LSU-Bama game made for an amazing CFB day

I was sick as a dog, woke up about 5 AM thought, I was going to have to give my ticket away. Took a long shower, slept for another hour.

Sucked it up and went to the game. My personal Jordan in Salt Lake City rally.

What a blast.

Last edited:

I was sick as a dog, woke up about 5 AM thought, I was going to have to give my ticket away. Took a long shower, slept for another hour.

Sucked it up and went to the game. My personal Jordan in Salt Lake City rally.

What a blast.
No guilt over spreading a bug? 😂

I remember watching this from the hospital the day after my daughter was born. I remember thinking that she may be the chosen one. Then we lost to Iowa 7 days later and reality set in.

Though there may still be hope as the only Gopher game she has been to was our 34-7 drubbing of MSU.

A4544486-7B1D-4DC1-A05C-41ECD885AAB1.jpeg
9 years ago today, our Gophers were 8-2 and ranked!! 🤩

There was a young boy about 10 sitting behind us. I told him before the game that he will never forget this night. He kinda gave me a “yeh, right old man” kinda doubting look. He became a believer!!!

No guilt over spreading a bug? 😂
2019 - Different world, no one probably even thought twice about a guy showing up sick. :ROFLMAO:
Yes, didn't think twice about it then. Today's world, probably would skip it or try to find an open spot on the plaza or corner. That would have been difficult for that game, given the size of the crowd.

Yes, didn't think twice about it then. Today's world, probably would skip it or try to find an open spot on the plaza or corner. That would have been difficult for that game, given the size of the crowd.

I remember watching the replay of the game during the Covid-19 Lockdown when Gopher sports replayed past games. I laughed thinking "Here, I am stuck inside my house and feel bad if I talk to my neighbors." Meanwhile 4-5 months earlier I had a bottle of fireball that I was passing around with complete strangers during the Penn State game. Not sure how the bottle of Fireball made it in the stadium?!?!

I remember watching the replay of the game during the Covid-19 Lockdown when Gopher sports replayed past games. I laughed thinking "Here, I am stuck inside my house and feel bad if I talk to my neighbors." Meanwhile 4-5 months earlier I had a bottle of fireball that I was passing around with complete strangers during the Penn State game. Not sure how the bottle of Fireball made it in the stadium?!?!
When there's a will, there is always a way.

I remember watching this from the hospital the day after my daughter was born. I remember thinking that she may be the chosen one. Then we lost to Iowa 7 days later and reality set in.

Though there may still be hope as the only Gopher game she has been to was our 34-7 drubbing of MSU.

knocked-up-ben-stone.gif

Johnson's one handed TD catch...always forget how great it was.

"The place has gone nuclear" is right up there with "We'll see you tomorrow night" for all-time great MN sports calls.

"The place has gone nuclear" is right up there with "We'll see you tomorrow night" for all-time great MN sports calls.
Almost as amazing was Puckett's catch earlier in the game...

Top Bottom