Three road victories

"From a fan's point of view, they're going to have to see what Gophers basketball's about. I want them to see our team from where we started to where we're going. And that we can be in games people don't think we can win. I believe we can do it.”
Ben Johnson

Pitt is 3-6. They’re a power conference team of course but I’m not sure that win is gonna count for much as far as potential tournament resume. Maybe because it was a road game.

I'll be honest, I wasn't sure back on Nov 1, that we would win 1 road game all year! I'm not getting ahead of myself, thinking about March Madness, (making the 2022 NCAA Tourney would go down as one of the All Time Gopher accomplishments), just going to enjoy the Season and see how the team grows and progresses. I can honestly report that here in Ann Arbor, the shock waves are still echoing across town That game last night was a true thing of beauty.

Pitt is 3-6. They’re a power conference team of course but I’m not sure that win is gonna count for much as far as potential tournament resume. Maybe because it was a road game.
It will count because you are dinged for bad losses. They all count.

Pitt isn't good, but in the NET a road victory is worth more than a neutral or home game.

In addition to the 3 road victories, the Gophers have 2 neutral Ws. Not too shabby.

You have to go back to the 2016-2017 season to find the last time the Gophers won more than 2 road games in a season.

Long way to go and who knows how it will all turn out for this group but Johnson clearly knew what he was looking for in the guys he brought in and they have shown that the big stage isn't too much for them.

If they stay healthy this has the looks of a middle of the pack Big Ten team which is impressive considering how under sized and under manned they are. With a healthy Fox and Ihnen this very well might have been a team that could have been a legit tournament team this year.

Early in the season but teams that are 3-0 or better on the road: Minnesota, usc, New Mexico State, chattanooga

there are several teams that are 2-0

More than just being 3-0 on the road, it is also who we have beaten. We aren't beating some directional team from the middle of nowhere, these are major conference teams.

When you add that to how bad the team was on the road under Pitino it gets even more impressive. Great start to the year.

Top Bottom