This Week's Bottom Ten ESPN

Iceland12

Reaction score

5. The Ghost of Dana X. Bible​

From 1917 until 1928, head coach Dana X. Bible led Texas A&M to five Southwest Conference titles and a pair of national championships. But in '29 he left for Nebraska, where he won another six conference championships in eight seasons. How did he land that job? Because it had been turned down by their first choice, Notre Dame head coach Knute Rockne, who told Nebraska administrators that he couldn't leave his beloved Fighting Irish, but added, "I am recommending a man you probably know little about. He is Dana X. Bible at Texas A&M and I consider him the finest young coach in America. If you can get him, he's your man." Oh, and Bible finished his head coaching career with a decade at Texas. One can only imagine Bible and Knute bellied up to a bar in college football heaven this past Saturday as they watched their beloved Aggies, Huskers and Irish being simultaneously smoked by the Sun Belt, not to mention the Horns' blown lead against Bama. The comments were no doubt Dana X-rated...

10. Boiling Green (0-2)​

The Brown Falcons lost in seven overtimes to Eastern Kentucky, the team picked to finish third in the ASUN Conference of the FCS. Bowling Green erased a 14-point deficit with a 21-0 run, but EKU scored on the final play of regulation to force overtime, then stopped BGSU and responded with a score to win in the seventh OT. So, if you were wondering why we left Bowling Green off the previous list of heartbroken MAC teams, now you know that was no accident. It didn't merely have its heart broken, it opened up its own wing of the cardiac ward.

Waiting list: Temple of Doom, Colora-duh, ULM (pronounced "ulm"), the year 2022 B.C., UTEP Minors, Whew Mexico, FI(not A)U, Minute Rice, the entire AFC South.

Yeah, I check this out once and a while and just cringe at how bad it is. Not an easy thing to write every week but I can’t remember the last time it brought even a slight chuckle.

Top Bottom