This Saturday is Going to be ROUGH!!

DeltaHog

Reaction score
We usually play LSU on Friday afternoon at 2:30.
Well that has changed this year and we are going to play in Death Valley
in front of 90,000+ drunk screaming cajuns Saturday night.

If anyone is in Mankato and wants to meet up for a beer Saturday
night, let me know.

TheEyeOfDeathValley_1_.347134318_std.jpg

Hogster-

Keep the faith. You guys should've beaten the Gators. That was hostile. People usually end up getting what they deserve, and the Razorbacks probably deserve to win a game like this.

My lifelong dream for retirement is to take in a college football game in every stadium in America. Been to a few so far, but only Tennessee in the SEC. LSU would be near the top of the priority list. How would you rate the Arkansas gameday experience?

And here I was gonna ask if you had an extra ticket, until reading that last part...

I've been in New Orleans for two years and haven't made it to an LSU game yet - mostly because I'm traveling to Minnesota or wherever the Gophers are playing every weekend, though I did have tickets to LSU games twice and couldn't attend either time.

Arkansas always plays LSU tough, and this seems to be a matchup of teams headed in opposite directions. Cotton Bowl at stake, hope the Hogs get it done.

I used to live down there - Saturday night in Death Valley is death. But I was there in New Orleans when Tulane pulled off the upset of the ages and beat LSU in their packed 80,000-seat stadium, 14-0 ('73?).

Hang in there. LSU's guys are going to be fired up after Miles's coaching mistake last week, but Mallet could exploit Chavis' love affair with the blitz. My advice: set a few traps around yourself in Mankato just to be safe:

coon-ass-trap-lsu.jpg

I spent the first great 18 yrs of my life in Arkansas - and the last 19 here in the cities.....and I can say this.....with the Hogs and Gophers being my football lifeblood - thank God for being able to watch the Hogs the past few weeks!! In fact, the Music City bowl a few years back was the craziest thing to watch - never thought I'd see the Hogs/Gophs matched up.

Mallet is a straight up star with a rocket arm. The receivers/backs are as deep as any team in the country, and the scariest thing is that whole team is fresh/sophs. Knowing both programs as well as I do - its hard to keep "waiting" for Brew's recruits to overtake the field....Petrino has the youngest team in the country about to "hopefully" head to the Cotton Bowl THIS year. 2 of their 4 losses this year are against #1 and #2 teams in country. It can be done. Not often, but it can.

DeltaHog. Go to Mettler's in downtown Mankato and have a blast. :)

good luck to the Warthogs...Go Arkansas!

Hell of a tough place to play but LSU looks beatable from the games I have seen.

Go Hogs!

Hang in there. LSU's guys are going to be fired up after Miles's coaching mistake last week, but Mallet could exploit Chavis' love affair with the blitz. My advice: set a few traps around yourself in Mankato just to be safe:

coon-ass-trap-lsu.jpg

Best wishes against LSU. Beat them down Just not too badly. I don't want LSU fans to run Les Miles right into the arms of Michigan......

BTW What's the story about LSU fans and corndogs? Can someone explain?

LSU Corndog Connection

A few years ago, Auburn fans accused LSU fans of smelling like corndogs. Don't know why but I think it was just a way of putting them down. (Apparently, LSU had prevailed in the game between the two teams.) But, it really stuck and now fans of other SEC schools use it too.

I am a huge LSU (and also Gopher) fan and have attended 14 games at Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge since 2000. I've never seen or smelled any "corndog" evidence in Baton Rouge but have smelled some amazing food at probably the top tailgating/fun atmosphere in the USA. For those northerners who have not experienced Southern/SEC football, I strongly suggest taking in a game at a place such as LSU. You will not be disappointed; it a an event to see, hear, smell and taste. I wish the Gophers could replicate a piece of that type of excitement.

Arkansas is in for a tough game on Saturday but they have played well vs LSU the last few years.

Geaux Tigers!!

Top Bottom