This is a path we can take with Kill

TCU's signee/commitment list looks much stronger than Boise State's, which is a little surprising to me considering the success BSU has had...I know being in Texas is an advantage but BSU has had success in sending guys to the NFL as of late.

This is the same path that Beamer took at VT. PSU, FSU, and UVa were fairly dominant in getting the big name recruits out of Virginia and the surrounding areas. VT made its name with 2 and 3 star recruits that blossomed during their time at Tech. Once Tech became winners with the 2 and 3 star players, sending some on to the NFL, it was easier to meet with the 4 and 5 star recruit.
One other thing to remember - in 2007 the VT recruiting class was ranked lower than UVa. The 2007 VT class won 27 games and 3 ACC Championships. The UVa class won a total of 12 ACC games during their careers. Which class would you rather have now?

TCU moving to the Big East has to help recruiting.

One other thing to remember - in 2007 the VT recruiting class was ranked lower than UVa. The 2007 VT class won 27 games and 3 ACC Championships. The UVa class won a total of 12 ACC games during their careers. Which class would you rather have now?

I don't know if it was the 2007 class, but Al Groh had a couple of very good classes decimated by the Admissions Office. Don't pretend it's an equal playing field. If UVa had VT admission standards, Groh would probably still be the coach. I'm not saying Beamer isn't a far better coach, obviously he is.

Top Bottom