This game did not surprise me. Win ugly

Bayfieldgopher

Reaction score
I p[icked the Gophers 26-20 and expected a slow start. Then adjust and play better the second half as the veteran experience showed up.

This is a good sign to win ugly after being outplayed and dominated the second quarter. We have issues and I still feel the OL will be the weak area of this team. Plus our DT's got manhandled a number of times by an inexperienced Syracuse OL.

Great play by Campbell at LB and Simmons finally made a few plays when we needed them. Thank you rookie Paulus. 6-6 record could be a stretch for this team.

I'd feel better if this was an ugly win against Air Force...but Syracuse? Naw.......

At least we won't hear from any Iowa trolls today.......They got SOOOOO lucky today at home!

This victory could be huge. At least compared to where a loss would have put us. The coaches did a surprisingly good job of adjusting for the 2nd half. 0-1 1-0 cannot overstate the difference. This could have especially effected our recruiting. The good news, the Big 10 sure doesn't look like a conference that will kill us with excellence.

Now what will the coaches learn from the entire game. Certainly Wills is not a strength. Weber must start to see something other than the number "7". We need to simplify our offensive sets and beat Air Force with some smash mouth football because it looked at times like we were fooling ourselves more than we were fooling Syracuse.

Top Bottom