THIS DAY IN GOPHER HISTORY- NOVEMBER 13, 1954

Nomellini

Reaction score
Minnesota 22 Iowa 20
Gophers break 20-20 tie in 3rd quarter when Iowa yields a safety on a fumbled pitch out in the Hawkeye end zone but this is Bob McNamara's signature game. He returns a kickoff for a touchdown and has 115 yards rushing, 36 yards coming on a touchdown run. A junior quarterback/defensive back from Hibbing also has a big day.He throws a touchdown pass to Dick McNamara and intercepts an Iowa pass in the Gopher end zone on the game's final play. Can you name him?

Note to Doc Gopher- I'm glad you referred to that bizarre Minnesota-Illinois game of 1973. I tried to get back to you on it on the thread from yesterday's question. I always enjoy your participation in this little feature!

Minnesota 22 Iowa 20
Gophers break 20-20 tie in 3rd quarter when Iowa yields a safety on a fumbled pitch out in the Hawkeye end zone but this is Bob McNamara's signature game. He returns a kickoff for a touchdown and has 115 yards rushing, 36 yards coming on a touchdown run. A junior quarterback/defensive back from Hibbing also has a big day.He throws a touchdown pass to Dick McNamara and intercepts an Iowa pass in the Gopher end zone on the game's final play. Can you name him?

Note to Doc Gopher- I'm glad you referred to that bizarre Minnesota-Illinois game of 1973. I tried to get back to you on it on the thread from yesterday's question. I always enjoy your participation in this little feature!

this is a gimme, Leo Nomellini.

Top Bottom