They've Done It

TheSportsAce

Chief Executive Gopher Rube
Reaction score
It wasn't pretty, but the Gophers got a road win against the #50 RPI team who hadn't lost all season at home, extending their record to 14-1 and their record against top-50 RPI to 3-1. And they did it with superior athleticism and smarts...a good sign when you really don't play or shoot all that well.

It really wasn't pretty, but winning ugly - especially in the Big Ten - is still winning. And I think the Gophers showed some mettle tonight that will serve them well later in the year.

Next up: Penn State. And getting some of those ESPN2 haters to actually respect this team and the Big Ten.

And getting some of those ESPN2 haters to actually respect this team and the Big Ten.
I loved when we came back and had held the Hawkeyes scoreless and they complimented Iowa's defense. Huh?

and...

they shut up the negative ESPN2 announcers and the half-time commentators! I am SOOO glad the Gophers came back to win on the road. Take that Dave Gottlieb and whatever-you-name-is ESPN2-studio host with your asinine "what up with that?" half-time comment! The Gophers won on the road, so shut the H up!

I wasn't too impressed with the announcing. They didn't seem to grasp how much time they had for replays a few times too. ESPN2 B-team.

We didn't seem to give Iowa much credit. I think this is a big win. Time will tell, but with their losses being to a list of good teams (W. Virginia, Boston College, Drake, and tOSU). Down a couple guys and being taken out of their offense, they still put up quite a fight. Lickliter doing something right. They play hard and yet the place still had empty seat all over the place.

Great adjustments by Tubby and very nice games from Busch, Carter, and Bostick. Great energy and strategy when we needed it.

Top Bottom