The waiting is good

I'm guessing he was comparing where the 3 programs are at right now, although I can't say for sure. Obviously if you're comparing success since 1990 we're nowhere close to those programs. If you go back a few years we still aren't close. But right now, if we get Cory and those teams don't, I don't think you can say definitively either team is better than us. Though I guess you were talking about which program is better, not necessarily how the teams would do next year, so maybe I'm off base here. Which program is better is pretty subjective, and which program is better for a certain player also varies. I don't think it's ridiculous to believe that when weighing all of the pros and cons, MN is just as good of a program FOR CJ as the other two.

The only point I addressed was your absurd contention that Minnesota is even remotely on the level of Texas or Villanova. It's so asinine that I can't even believe you haven't made an immediate retraction.

I don't think it's ridiculous to believe that when weighing all of the pros and cons, MN is just as good of a program FOR CJ as the other two.

Yes, when phrasing it that way, it is certainly up for debate. I would even argue that Minnesota is better for Cory than the other two.

But that's not what he said. And the timeframe doesn't matter - now, last 5, last 30, last 100 - Minnesota has not been, is not, was not, etc. on the level of either of those programs. Not even close. I don't know how fans of a program that has been to seven (7!) NCAA tournaments in 105 years can have such delusions of grandeur.

Can Minnesota be as good or better than those teams in the future? Absolutely. But, again, that's not what was said. We're dealing with the present and past, and such an assertion is nothing less than ludicrous.

Top Bottom