The Three Suits

Todd McTodderson

Todd McTodderson
Reaction score
With Nolen, White, and Mbakwe all sporting suits at the last home game and not making the road trip to OSU, it is my guess that Tubby has had enough with these guys. I do not see any of them playing the rest of this year and who knows, maybe they will never be in Gopher uniform while Tubby Smith is here. I know all three of them are good players, but it wouldn't bother me one bit if Tubby cut these guys and their baggage loose.

I'm pretty sure suspended players don't make the trip to away games, so that would have nothing to do with Tubby being sick of them. And I highly doubt that he's "had enough" of Nolen and Mbakwe. All three will likely play next year and Royce could still play next game.

Trust me...if tubby were to do that(which he won't) the gophers will be back to winning 10 games a season...White hasn't seen any floor time yet this season, same thing goes with mbakwe... I think that white will actually play in the next game at penn state... white was cleared off all the charges that were put forth against him...mbakwe will probably sit this season out, and be able to play for us the next two years.

None of which will help this team. They are unable to win on the road in the BT.Tubby is mediocre at best.

I don't think White nor Mbakwe wore suits last game. They were no shows.

None of which will help this team. They are unable to win on the road in the BT.Tubby is mediocre at best.

An upgrade of talent and depth won't help the team? Interesting. My guess is we won't be hearing a thing from davyjones after any wins unless it's to say that it's too late to make the tournament.

With Nolen, White, and Mbakwe all sporting suits at the last home game and not making the road trip to OSU, it is my guess that Tubby has had enough with these guys. I do not see any of them playing the rest of this year and who knows, maybe they will never be in Gopher uniform while Tubby Smith is here. I know all three of them are good players, but it wouldn't bother me one bit if Tubby cut these guys and their baggage loose.

Many months ago Tubby made it clear that Royce and Trevor would not be traveling for road games. In addition, you're wrong about the last home game.

Mbakwe is a no chance this year, always has been. Royce and Nolen are still in play. And.. it's not just their baggage, it is now the University's as well.

The point of your post was you 'figured something out' based on them not being on the bench. To be clear, that means zero, nada, nathan.

I'm pretty sure suspended players don't make the trip to away games, so that would have nothing to do with Tubby being sick of them. And I highly doubt that he's "had enough" of Nolen and Mbakwe. All three will likely play next year and Royce could still play next game.

Correct. No reason for inactive players to go on road trip. Stay home and study instead.

A) Chill out.
B) If you don't, get off the board
C) You could do that anyways if you'd like
D) If you think the problems this year have anything to do w/Tubby, you're nuts. Maybe you could place a little blame on the 3 players who could be all-B10 performers that are currently disappointing their teammates due to off-the court issues. Oh yeah, that's Tubby's fault.

How about a little responsibility be placed on these 19-21 year old MEN. Tubby is not their baby-sitter. You are correct however, the team as it currently set up is not a tourney team, to say the least.

Yes, all of Nolen's baggage. He's been such a troublemaker since he's been in the program. And Trevor, who we don't even know whether or not is guilty, he just doesn't stop acting up. Tubby should cut him before the trial. We should just assume he's guilty.

Top Bottom