The posts tonight show why Gray should not play QB

There would be nothing to be gained by moving Gray back to QB right now. Now if it meant the difference between 3 wins to end the season or 0 wins to end the season, I say make the switch, but it doesn't -- so let it be.

Gray will be coached up by the new staff during the spring. He will get the experience and Gopher football will move on.

We need to understand the kids are not trying to lose, but have had many obstacles to overcome. They will have a fresh start next year. I just feel bad for the Seniors who will be ending their careers this way.

Weber has earned the right to finish the year. Give him the chance to do so with out so much negativity.

+1
The decision to move Gray to WR was made a while ago. Expecting him to be ready to perform at a high level at QB at this point is unrealistic unless Weber is injured. He is still learning the WR spot.

So you want to see what Gray can do? Me too. But I want him to get out there when he is best prepared and game-ready. He is not at this point.

Its obvious the coaches feel that Alipate is not ready, even in garbage time. There has been plenty of opportunity for that.

Let's look at this from a different angle. Most of you are arguing 2 things:

1) We as a team "need" to know how Gray will perform next year and/or he needs all the reps he can get.
2) Gray is a better QB than Adam Weber and therefore should be starting.

Now I ask you how does that apply to the man actually making the decision? What incentive does Horton have to play Gray? He certainly doesn't care about next year since he won't be around. As for #2, I think it's pretty clear that Weber is the still the leader of a large portion of the team both on and off the field and for the most part it looks like the team is just that; still a team working together trying their hardest to improve and win football games. Now what happens to the team if Horton replaces Weber? There are going to be players loyal to Weber (I would guess a very large number). What does that do both on and off the field? Would that shatter a team that must be on the brink of self implosion as it is? In my mind Horton doesn't really have any reason to play Gray. His goals (if he ever wants to coach again) is to hold this team together and work to get this team to play hard on the field and study hard off the field.

Top Bottom