The OOC schedule has been brutal.....

metrolax

Reaction score
I think its safe to say that Ohio U was and is a good team, and that their 3-0 record
coming in was no fluke. That said, playing TCU, CSU, KSU, and OU has been very
rough on this young squad. They're battle-tested but banged-up. 3-1 but hurting.

Sometimes its good to have at least a couple cakewalks in the OOC so you can
empty the bench and allow your new guys to get some valuable reps. Instead,
the newbies have been thrust into heavy pressure situations and in not the number
planned for, but rather by consequence. As a result, mistakes help make these
games rather "cardiac" in nature.

Let's hope for the best in the BIG season!

Yeah, everyone used to moan about those FCS games, but there's a reason EVERYONE used to schedule one.

Exactly. Helps build your depth....

You want a rough OOC schedule, and this is what you get....

Kent State should have been that cake-walk game, though. Not sure what happened there.

Kent State should have been that cake-walk game, though. Not sure what happened there.

Not so sure about that. Yes, they got blown out by Illinois, but their D actually played pretty well that game. Turnovers killed them. They lost to Marshall, a team that beat Purdue, in double overtime today. We definitely should've played a better game against them but I don't think Kent State will be a bottom feeder in the MAC this year.

that is a quality we have seen so far

Not many people really expected it to be a cake walk and most thought Kent state was a good team and that it was a trap game for us. I think those that thought it should have been a cake walk probably need to adjust their expectations. We had a let down as expected but still pulled it out and won. Move on.

Entering the season if offered 3-1 after non-conf schedule I would've taken it right away. Has it always been pretty? No, but the offense looked good today and if these injuries ever heal I think we have a good chance at 5-6 wins in the Big Ten.

Non-con scheduling was PERFECT. Should be this balanced every year.

It just worked against us in some areas this year.

Top Bottom