The only thing worse than.......

I haven't tried the hot dogs at TCF, I have tried the bacon cheeseburger, and it was pretty good. The fries were good as well.

Stadium food ought be be a point of pride. I was at an NDSU basketball game a couple years ago, and I had a hot dog. The lines were too long, so I skipped the condiments. It was a really, really good hot dog, even eating it plain. And it cost $1.75. At Williams Arena, a hot dog cost more, and was a sad little thing on a dry bun.

There are stadiums around the country where the food available is a point of pride, they could be on an episode of "Man v. Food". It helps build up the atmosphere and culture of a college if stadium chow is something you actually look forward to rather than merely something to fill your stomach. But that would require direction from the U, the contractor only has incentive to make food as cheaply as possible and to sell it for as much as possible.

Still, there are some other options, there is Subway and Dinos. Has anyone had a gyro from Dinos at the game? I'm pretty picky about gyros. I'd love to see Pronto Pups at the game. Convenient to eat, and a Minnesota classic.

Had my first hot dog this past weekend and it was horrible. Looked and tasted like it had been originally cooked for the Air Force game and re-cooked every game since.

don't get me wrong, the other food at the stadium is decent......but the hot dogs are horrible!

Adam Weber is the TCF hot dogs!

If you want to complain about the food at TCF Stadium, then fine...have at it.

But this bashing of Adam Weber is getting ridiculous.:rolleyes:

However, internet tough guys like yourself are even more ridiculous.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Weber commentary aside, $5.25 for two miniature slices of pizza that look and taste like they were sitting on a heater for three hours before the game started is a little ridiculous. I do think $6.00 for the chicken strip basket is worth it, though the fries can be hit or miss.

The chicken strip basket and walleye fingers are pretty decent value, if that's even possible with the outrageous prices. I'm still going to be forever pissed that I have to eat my brat on a wheat bun.

What's up with the walleye fingers? It's 3 breaded perch on a pile of fries.

What section is the Dino's at? I not it is not close to my seats.

Dinos is very good. Its on the home side probably around section 140. The fresh roasted nuts near the student section are also a good snack. Mayslacks sandwiches are OK. Haven't had a chance to try Paninos yet.

My wife and I got to use the in-law's season tix to see Cal earlier this year. I thought the Mayslack's sandwiches were really dry... and there wasn't any beer to wash them down. :(

The cheese curds are awful. There's so little cheese inside that it dries up and gets hard....I also had a Mayslacks sandwich that was just horrendous. Dried out beef on a stale bun.....The only thing decent I've had was the popcorn.
My friend had the walleye fingers, and said those were pretty good.

Panino's at TCF Bank= Bad (i.e. Gophers in first half of Illinois game); Panino's the regular restaurant=freakin awesome (i.e. Gophers second half of Illinois game, technically they are the same but results way different). They have a tiny selection of their fare, they seem slimmer and most importantly do not have that straight off the panini press taste to them. They seem flat and flacid at the Bank.

Top Bottom