The NCAA is discussing moving the vote for immediate eligibility for transfers from April to June

Sorry, but the OP tweet statement is poorly worded.

- is it saying that the NCAA is looking to have a vote, at some time, to allow immediate eligibility transfers over the period of April 2020 to June 2020?

- or is it saying that the NCAA is looking to move the vote on this topic, from original voting on April 2020 to being voted on in June 2020?

Sorry, but the OP tweet statement is poorly worded.

- is it saying that the NCAA is looking to have a vote, at some time, to allow immediate eligibility transfers over the period of April 2020 to June 2020?

- or is it saying that the NCAA is looking to move the vote on this topic, from original voting on April 2020 to being voted on in June 2020?
I believe the latter is correct

It was going to voted on at the coaches convention which is the Final 4, Now it will be voted on at a later date. Mid majors will fight this as they are sick of developing kids for a step up. The best programs can pick the best players like Duke did with Towns to supplement their youth. I see both sides but know that the rich will get richer.

It was going to voted on at the coaches convention which is the Final 4, Now it will be voted on at a later date. Mid majors will fight this as they are sick of developing kids for a step up. The best programs can pick the best players like Duke did with Towns to supplement their youth. I see both sides but know that the rich will get richer.
For the record, I am against it. But make the decision for heaven's sake. They can vote from where they are. Everyone knows the pros and cons.

I'm with the mid-majors on this one. Universal transfer creates a free for all and a rich get richer scheme. I am for reasonable and perhaps more liberal exceptions to the sit out year, but at least the prospect of sitting out ought to keep the mid majors from being an unwilling farm system for Power 6 and Blue Bloods.

Top Bottom