The most talented Big Ten teams this season according to 247Sports 🌟 (12. MN)

Don't sleep on the Gophers win against Nebraska

I know we've grown accustomed to it, but they are still a very high resource program led by a very accomplished coaching staff. They are still only a 2 point dog against the Colorado hype wagon and this is why.

To answer the question in the tweet - Minnesota is the most surprising team over the past few years based on this metric.

Also not sure how Iowa is 7th with 11 4 stars and Purdue is 10th with 15.

It is what you do with the talent you have that counts.

A full breakdown of 247 Sports' cumulative star rankings of each team roster:

Last edited:

It is what you do with the talent you have that counts.

A full breakdown of 247 Sports' cumulative star rankings of each team roster:

Yeah, tell me how many of the four stars are a) starters and b) impact difference makers during that season. The bottom 11 teams are probably a statistical wash in any given year. The top 3 are pretty much guaranteed to hold an obvious talent advantage in all phases on game day.

Yeah, tell me how many of the four stars are a) starters and b) impact difference makers during that season. The bottom 11 teams are probably a statistical wash in any given year. The top 3 are pretty much guaranteed to hold an obvious talent advantage in all phases on game day.
We all know that some of the 4-Star players don't add up as advertised.

Great bulletin board material for Coach and the team. According to this ranking, we should be among the least talented, yet we go out and stick it to the most talented.

Very disappointing for us Gophers fans. There is no way we’ll compete for a Big 10 Championship if we cannot recruit the caliber of players as other Big 10 teams.

I think it is important to note, if PJ brings in a star linebacker from some small college who was a 2* in high school, that is the ranking that gets carried over. Same thing if we bring in a washed up 5* that couldn't see the field on a different team. This is one of the reasons why our rankings are consistently in the area of WI and IA each year for HS recruiting ranking, but we have a large gap now. PJ likes finding the person who excelled at smaller schools vs. the was out from a large school with lots of stars.

PJ Fleck needs to elevate his recruiting to spring the Gophers out of the low to mid-tier teams in the conference. The conference is becoming tougher and more competitive.

PJ (and Bert) do more with less. Nebraska does less with so much more.

OSU having more 5 stars than the rest of the conference combined is insane

PJ Fleck needs to elevate his recruiting to spring the Gophers out of the low to mid-tier teams in the conference. The conference is becoming tougher and more competitive.
Yes, but at least he knows what to do with guys once he gets them here.
Tough to recruit to the U in any sport.
PJ is the best coach we have had here in my lifetime, but yes if he could bring in some real hammer type DEs, big WRs and some more QB talent it would be great.

Top Bottom