The last time the Gophers won at Iowa City was 1999, when Billy Cockerham was the QB. He had 175 passing yards and 59 rushing yards in the win.

It’s time.

We need to do to Iowa, what Iowa just did to Wisconsin in Madison.

It’s just that simple.

They said “hey look, you wanna jump around, OK … I’ve got something for you to jump on!”

We need to say “look, we’ll wave to the kids, sure … but after that … hide your wives, hide your hogs … in Iowa that may well be one in the same … because we’re coming burn your barn down!!!!!”

Cockerham ran for 122 per the box score.

I for one am shocked the gopherhole official account has inaccuracies.

I was at the game. Turned out to be a beautiful late fall day. Worst Iowa team of my lifetime.

If Kaliakmanis duplicates that QB line, the game result will also be duplicated. Tall order.

I was at the game. Turned out to be a beautiful late fall day. Worst Iowa team of my lifetime.
We were there as well. The guys were down 21-10 at halftime to a bad Hogeye squad. Mase said we had them right where we wanted them! Yeh, right. But great players make great plays thanks to Arland Bruce, Billie C, Dan Nystrom, etc and then MLB Sean Hoffman.

After missing an open WR in the end zone, a 4th and goal pass was deflected by Hoffman's fingernail which wrapped up the W.

That was 24 years ago!!

That was my third year as a season ticket holder. Iowa was terrible in 1999 and the Gophs beat them 49-7 at the Dome the prior year, so I was expecting a big blowout win at Kinnick...wrong. I remember how frustrated I was watching that game, pissed off that the Gophs might not make a good bowl game with a loss. They still got semi-hosed in a trip to the Y2K Sun Bowl (which we attended).

I attended the nightmare 2003 game at Kinnick and swore to never step foot in that shithole ever again.

That was my third year as a season ticket holder. Iowa was terrible in 1999 and the Gophs beat them 49-7 at the Dome the prior year, so I was expecting a big blowout win at Kinnick...wrong. I remember how frustrated I was watching that game, pissed off that the Gophs might not make a good bowl game with a loss. They still got semi-hosed in a trip to the Y2K Sun Bowl (which we attended).
How was Juarez? I was there 2 - their Applebee’s was top shelf!

I attended the nightmare 2003 game at Kinnick and swore to never step foot in that shithole ever again.

How was Juarez? I was there 2 - their Applebee’s was top shelf!

Crossed the Juarez border on foot with my wife and a group of friends with the goal of making it to the central market about a mile or two in to buy some cheap crap. About a half mile of seeing the usual nasty border town bullshit (been there, done that several times), the hair on my neck stood up as I started getting a bad feeling about things. Any self defense would be on me, but that wasn't on my agenda that day. I grabbed my wife's hand, told the others I was out, then turned around to go back. The friends didn't turn around with me....until a few minutes later when they caught up with me. We proceeded to have some incredible margaritas and Tex-Mex in El Paso.

After the game, the Gophers need to party like it’s 1999.

Going into that game in 1999, Iowa was 0-7 in the B1G and 1-9 overall. Yet, we were behind 21-10 at the half.

Top Bottom