The greatest game you ever saw!

Said i got it, i just go for competitive tight games where both teams play great. Of course having a different opinion opens up the chance my fan card will get pulled.

Well, I must say when 3 or 4 of us talked about loving the game......it was awesome of you to come in and post, "I was at that game and did not think it was a great game.

You are the only one to downplay a great game for someone. Congrats! Not surprised in the least though.

Oh, and I know........you got it!

Well, I must say when 3 or 4 of us talked about loving the game......it was awesome of you to come in and post, "I was at that game and did not think it was a great game.

You are the only one to downplay a great game for someone. Congrats! Not surprised in the least though.

Oh, and I know........you got it!
Enjoyed watching the Gophers play great , just did not do it for me as a great basketball game.

Gophers beating OSU to gain the conference title in 1982. Wasn't really a close game but they won the title!!

By the way, Wisconsin finished last in the Big Ten that year.

No need to post that. I've seen a few on here where I may feel the same way, but why the hell would I post that when it was special to that person?
Your right, inconsiderate of me. I apologize .

It was not the best played or most exciting but the game that I felt the best about afterwards (non March Madness edition) was the Illinois game to clinch a tie for the Big 10 championship in '97. That was the first time I ever entertained the thought of a one seed and I was positively giddy after that game.

Sticking with games I saw in person, I was there at Williams when we beat highly rated Iowa and Indiana in the Tubby era, and there for a big win vs. Michigan against Tractor Traylor and a very talented but underachieving group.

I never got to see any big games live in the Dutcher era, although I did see a great game vs a hot shooting Purdue team in 1982 or 1983 ( I think we lost).

I don't know how big it really was, but I enjoyed the win last year in Des Moines vs. Louisville as much as any of them. Maybe it was the warm spring weather and great atmosphere outside and indside the arena, combined with the somewhat unexpected win in front of a very loud Gopher crowd. Even the Iowa people there (probably more Iowa State fans), and the Michigan State fans filing in seemed very impressed with the whole spectacle.

I do slightly recall the greatest Gopher team ever in 1977 (think they also beat Louisville- my dad had that one on the radio) that destroyed Champion Marquette and only lost 2 or 3 games total. I remember a bunch of great games with the 1982 championship team (at Iowa, Ohio State clincher), and then numerous games from the Clem's Final Four team.

Last edited:

Sweet 16 that never happened but I saw anyways

In person, over #1 Indiana Tubby’s last year

Top Bottom