The Gophers Def and ST can hold their heads up

calminnfan

Reaction score
they played respectable against a pretty top notched offense.

For all you that are against Cosgrove, he has done a pretty descent job.

I definitely haven't been on the Cosgrove D but the D has been better than I predicted, so I'll give him some credit there. However, any time you give up 5 TDs to a RB you aren't exactly lighting it up, either.

Yeah, we gave up 35 points but that's still respectable!!!!

Wait! What?

Given this year Cal has one of the better offenses in the nation and here the Gopher defense has been just a couple of years ago...I thought they did ok, not great but okay, especially the way Cal jumped out to a 14 point lead the first 2 drives.

Could you have imagined the outcome of the game just 2 years ago, or even under Mason ?

The defense played very well. Only a couple big plays, and once they made adjustments, Best was contained. I think we can match up with anyone in the Big Ten with this defense. Now the offense.... meh.

Thought we did alright. We were run over by Best in the first half but shut him down in the 2nd half. The pass defense was bad mainly because of the insane cushions we were giving their WR's.

One thing that is encouraging is that they are making adjustments pretty quick. Something that has not happened in the past.

Top Bottom