The Gophers bench all season long (video)

They do seem relentlessly enthusiastic. That's a good sign, especially considering very few of them actually play and it would seem easy to be glum about that.

If they don't cheer Omersa will deal with them!

There is nothing I enjoy about this team more than when a bench player hits a shot on the Minnesota bench side. Omersa loses his mind, every time, and I absolutely love it.

They do seem relentlessly enthusiastic. That's a good sign, especially considering very few of them actually play and it would seem easy to be glum about that.

I love their enthusiasm and I would guess Omersa is that catalyst for that.
Once difference with this year's deep bench, other than Hurt, is that the guys that are sitting: Ihnen, Freeman and Greenlee all feel like part of the long term plan. I'm not always sure that has been the case with some guys here. I can certainly see now (watching Carr) why IW knew it was a good move to transfer and I think some of the other guys that were here also could see that it was not a fit for them in the Big Ten.

Omersa means more to this team than I think we realize. His energy off the bench is unbelievable and he's so good at pumping up the bench and the crowd when he's fouled out at the end of every game.

Top Bottom