The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Governor Sibley

Section 109 Row 21
Reaction score
As is the norm for a good Gophers win, I spent four quarters pounding the Zantac. Hardly enjoyed a moment of it.

The Good:
-We started....we finished. Won both ends of the game with authority.
-We outhit our opponents from whistle to whistle. Yeah baby!
-Penalties and turnovers were excellent today.
-Give credit for some oddly excellent play-calling and clock management down the stretch.
-A couple physical runs by Whaley and co. really set up a good tempo for us.
-Though they were worked hard today, our d-line kept showing up with their lunch pails. Maybe most importantly, they kept Kafka in the box....
-No big runs by Kafka! Huge.
-The coaching staff is clearly reading my posts, because the second play of the game was a speed option disguised as a reverse. More please!
-Return game continues to show big time dividends.
-It's possible Gray is a manimal. More please.
-N. T-A is All Big Ten in my book. So damn nifty. I love it.

The Bad:
-Our quarterback play was not a net-plus for us today. They should've had at least two picks. The guy taking the snaps also continues to take too many sacks.
-For once I thought we didn't try get the ball to #7 enough.

The Ugly
-We got no help from our LBs in the passing game today. Truly barf-worthy. They need to make themselves a presence over the middle by at least making throws more difficult. Nowhere to be seen. Bad feel for space and spacing today.
-Need to finish big plays when we have the chance. Dropped picks are reason for censure, not congratulations. The coaching staff and your teammates got you in a place to make a play...make it.
-Decker caught it. The call was horse&#@$. And it cost us points. Truly fugly.

-And the ugliest thing about this game? HAVING TO WATCH NORTHWESTERN 'FOOTBALL.' My Lord, their offensive style of play is an abomination--no, a sacrilege...a blasphemy.

Nice summary, S. Well.

I would add another to the good - it feels like we always the recipients of bad luck (ok, bad play) at the end of the game. It was nice to be on the other side of this, for once!

Nice summary, S. Well.

I would add another to the good - it feels like we always the recipients of bad luck (ok, bad play) at the end of the game. It was nice to be on the other side of this, for once!

I felt that our bad luck streak against NW ended when NW didn't somehow get the ball back with at least one play left at the end of the first half. Forcing us to run a 4th down play was a classic set-up for something horrible to happen. Nothing happened. We were smart and didn't panic. End of streak.

The streak was cracked when the NU D-back dropped a certain pick early in the 4th. We scored the go-ahead, GW TD a couple plays later.

It was broken when Kafka missed the wide open receiver 20 yards behind the Gopher defense for a certain TD in the 4th quarter that would have given NU the lead back.

Almost all of our remaining opponents - including our next opponent - aren't going to make these type of mistakes.

Top Bottom