The glass IS half full

I've got a feeling the game Sunday @ OSU could get ugly and I don't mean just the score.

IF they finish 11-7, I'd guess that would be Top 5 in Big 10 standings.

I'd guess that's a fairly solid limb you've managed to climb yourself onto there. 11-7 is a .645 winning %. That was tied for 2nd last year, would have been 4th the year before, 3rd the year before that, 4th the year before that, 4th the year before that, and 4th the year before that.

I agree Rjack. The issue is that we need to get hot in a hurry. No real luxury of losing any of the games we should win. If we win on Sunday it gets us right back into the thick of things. That, is a big "if". We have a week off before the next game, so I hope Tubby is preparing for this one like there's no tomorrow. I'm a bit nervous going into the game, but we did handle them pretty well at home-so we should have some confidence. Go Gophs!

We need to press these guys from the get go. No waiting til the second half. They should be more prepared for it after seeing how they got owned by it last time we played, but, even without Al, I still think pressing gives us the best chance of winning. We are going to need the points in transition provided by the press because OSU isn't going to give us as many open looks from three as they did last time. Their half-court defensive intensity was way down at the Barn. I expect they'll pick it up big time playing at home against a team with which there is bad blood.

I've got a feeling the game Sunday @ OSU could get ugly and I don't mean just the score.
The last couple games against OSU have been ugly.

Last season Turner detoured over to the Gopher bench and dropped the F-bomb on Tubby. This year both teams traded pleasantries at the half and end of the first match-up. What next?

Top Bottom