The Bottom 10 - A Rocky Mountain low in Colorado

Iceland12

Reaction score
We are staring at the college football standings and wondering aloud how in the wide, wide world of sports that September went down the way that it did. And we mean down in the most literal of senses.

• 3 teams with zero wins

• 27 teams with one win

• 7 teams with four losses

• 31 teams with three losses

• 12 losses by top-15 teams..

1. Colora-duh State (0-4)​

The Rams extended their FBS-worst losing streak to 10 games after a 41-10 loss at home to Sacramento State. For the FCS Hornets of the Big Sky Conference, it marked just their second win over an FBS program in 25 tries, though sources tell the Bottom 10 JortsCenter news desk that a petition has been filed to have that "win over an FBS program" distinction removed because, hey, does Colorado State really qualify?

i

2. Colora-duh (0-4)​

Meanwhile, the Buffs also Ralphie-d up their fourth loss of the year, spurring state officials to explore putting together a last-minute edition of the Rocky Mountain Showdown, which is not being played this season. However, instead of holding the contest inside Empower Field, home of the Denver Broncos, it would be played next door in the parking lot where Mile High Stadium used to be.

3. Huh-Why?-Yuh (1-4)​

The Warriors lost Pillow Fight of the Week: Episode I at New Mexico State 45-26. No offense to San Diego State and Nevada, but our eyes are already on Hawai'i's Oct. 22 trip to Colorado State. We tried to get a hotel room in Fort Collins for that weekend, but it's all booked up. We're assuming that's College GameDay planning ahead...

Have "experts" harped on how easy Michigan's non-con schedule was? They hammered #1, #3, and #6 in the bottom 10 rankings, then struggled with Maryland. Ranked #4 in both polls. We rolled #2, #9 and bottom feeder in the FCS WIU, then absolutely worked over MSU on the road...#21/23 in the polls. We'll see the jump we get if we can win Saturday, @ Ill, but more so @PSU.

Sidetracking here, is futbol starting to replace the word soccer in the English language? I see futbol popping up more and more.

Have "experts" harped on how easy Michigan's non-con schedule was? They hammered #1, #3, and #6 in the bottom 10 rankings, then struggled with Maryland. Ranked #4 in both polls. We rolled #2, #9 and bottom feeder in the FCS WIU, then absolutely worked over MSU on the road...#21/23 in the polls. We'll see the jump we get if we can win Saturday, @ Ill, but more so @PSU.
I think like all preseason polls its based somewhat on last year, recruiting, what came back, etc. Its the problem with preseason polls. However, Michigan can prove they belong or do not belong because they get to play a bunch of bad, good and a great team.

If they go into iowa and lose, they'll fall a lot. To be honest early season polls dont matter at all.

Top Bottom