The biggest plus

CP Gopher

Reaction score
The tackling. We were wrapping up some serious athletes.

The conditioning was amazing, USC with hands on their hips while our defense is swarming.

I was impressed. Tackling and coverage was good. Loved how everyone went after the ball. The D will be special this year.

I was looking back...this was the lowest point total they allowed since MTSU last year, and it was the first time since 2009 (Iowa State) since they shutout a team in 1 half of play.

The first half was rough, but they both outcoached and outplayed USC in the 2nd half.

I was looking back...this was the lowest point total they allowed since MTSU last year, and it was the first time since 2009 (Iowa State) since they shutout a team in 1 half of play.

The first half was rough, but they both outcoached and outplayed USC in the 2nd half.

And to think that just may be the best offense they go up against all year. They let one big play go into the endzone. I can live with that.

And to think that just may be the best offense they go up against all year. They let one big play go into the endzone. I can live with that.

No chance that's the best offense we see - best talent at some positions maybe but not the best coached or prepared offense we'll see. Both the Badgers and Cornhuskers will bring more - lots more - and between the tackles straight ahead. Then they cross you up if you park in the box too long. USC is still good but there are better. This isn't the USC from five years ago.

We did not play Iowa State in 2009. was it Air Force game you talking about.

I was impressed. Tackling and coverage was good. Loved how everyone went after the ball. The D will be special this year.
I disagree with the statement that our coverage was good. We were getting shredded at will, although most of that was in the first half. Our tackling though was top notch. We did not miss many tackles which is encouraging.

I disagree with the statement that our coverage was good. We were getting shredded at will, although most of that was in the first half. Our tackling though was top notch. We did not miss many tackles which is encouraging.

They played so soft on the WRs in the first half anyone could have looked Heisman - in the second half they stepped up and locked down better. High risk but it seemed to work. Amazingly we didn't get burned that often. Either Kiffin didn't call for those plays or the USC QB & receivers didn't read it right.

The biggest plus...

A coach that...

Knows how to win (even though they did not today, Coach Kill had that team believe that they could win in the 2nd half. Look at the way he worked the sideline, he wasn't just standing there).

Made adjustments (hats off to the staff, really they are the ones that make the changes).

Will make his team better (I know, its a little early to say this, but seeing how he reacted and what he said after the game makes me believe this).

Not that I would want to take anything away from the players, they played hard today and made it a great game, but Coach Kill and his staff impressed me today

The biggest plus...

A coach that...

Knows how to win (even though they did not today, Coach Kill had that team believe that they could win in the 2nd half. Look at the way he worked the sideline, he wasn't just standing there).

Made adjustments (hats off to the staff, really they are the ones that make the changes).

Will make his team better (I know, its a little early to say this, but seeing how he reacted and what he said after the game makes me believe this).

Not that I would want to take anything away from the players, they played hard today and made it a great game, but Coach Kill and his staff impressed me today

Also impressive to have a coach that won't throw his whole team, minus two players, under the bus for no good reason (in a WINNING effort) on national television after the game. I couldn't believe Kiffin would say that crap about his players in public, both because it's a prick move, and because it just wasn't true. I don't understand why anyone would want to play for that guy.

Woods is a baller. WOW. What bugged me about his big TD that Royston got burned on, was the huge, BLATANT holding from the LT of USC. He had his hands full of Minnesota jersey.

The biggest plus...

A coach that...

This is pretty much how I see things too. Reminds me a little of Stoll's first game at Indiana. Go Gophers!

Top Bottom