Snoop Dogg to host Arizona Bowl, marking historic college football collaboration with rap icon's alcohol brand

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per CBS:

Grammy Award nominated hip-hop artist Snoop Dogg will be the new title sponsor of the Arizona Bowl, marking a historic college football bowl collaboration. The Snoop Dogg Arizona Bowl presented by Gin & Juice by Dre and Snoop is the first college football bowl game to partner with an alcohol brand.

Barstool Sports previously sponsored and streamed the game on their digital platforms for the last three years. The Arizona Bowl is expected to be televised on a network with wide linear distribution, according to Yahoo Sports.

"College football fans are exhausted by the constant talk around NIL, conference realignment, coach movement, transfer portal and super conferences," Snoop said in a video posted to social media. "So it's time that we get back to the roots of college football — when it was focused on the colleges, the players and the competition, the community, the fan experience, and the pageantry. ... I'm ready to bring the juice back to college football."

Go Gophers!!

Tucson might be the only city in America that has a street named Speedway Boulevard that is gridlocked 24 hours a day.

I am not making this up. this is real. From Sportico:

The Arizona Bowl has a new sponsor, and it’s notable in more ways than one.

The Tucson-based game is now the Snoop Dogg Arizona Bowl Presented by Gin & Juice By Dre and Snoop. The spirits brand founded by rap icons Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre signed a multiyear deal to sponsor the college bowl game, which will be played Dec. 28.

“I’ve sent many players through my (Snoop Youth Football League) to colleges (and the NFL), so it’s only fitting that I bring the ‘juice’ back to college football,” Snoop Dogg said in a statement. “Dr. Dre and I are excited to bring our brand to the next level with this partnership, and we’re going to make the Arizona Bowl into a game-day experience like never before.”

The game itself, played between teams in the Mountain West Conference and the Mid-American Conference, is on its fourth presenting sponsor.

For what it’s worth, this is the first booze partner of a bowl game in the modern era. Seven editions of the Bacardi Bowl were played sporadically in Havana, Cuba, between 1907 and 1946, with American college teams taking on Cuban schools or athletic clubs.

I am not making this up. this is real. From Sportico:

The Arizona Bowl has a new sponsor, and it’s notable in more ways than one.

The Tucson-based game is now the Snoop Dogg Arizona Bowl Presented by Gin & Juice By Dre and Snoop. The spirits brand founded by rap icons Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre signed a multiyear deal to sponsor the college bowl game, which will be played Dec. 28.

“I’ve sent many players through my (Snoop Youth Football League) to colleges (and the NFL), so it’s only fitting that I bring the ‘juice’ back to college football,” Snoop Dogg said in a statement. “Dr. Dre and I are excited to bring our brand to the next level with this partnership, and we’re going to make the Arizona Bowl into a game-day experience like never before.”

The game itself, played between teams in the Mountain West Conference and the Mid-American Conference, is on its fourth presenting sponsor.

For what it’s worth, this is the first booze partner of a bowl game in the modern era. Seven editions of the Bacardi Bowl were played sporadically in Havana, Cuba, between 1907 and 1946, with American college teams taking on Cuban schools or athletic clubs.
The players' gift promotion package should be interesting.

Thank god they dumped (or they just quit) Barstool Sports ... their broadcast last year was horrible.

Per CBS:

Grammy Award nominated hip-hop artist Snoop Dogg will be the new title sponsor of the Arizona Bowl, marking a historic college football bowl collaboration. The Snoop Dogg Arizona Bowl presented by Gin & Juice by Dre and Snoop is the first college football bowl game to partner with an alcohol brand.

Barstool Sports previously sponsored and streamed the game on their digital platforms for the last three years. The Arizona Bowl is expected to be televised on a network with wide linear distribution, according to Yahoo Sports.

"College football fans are exhausted by the constant talk around NIL, conference realignment, coach movement, transfer portal and super conferences," Snoop said in a video posted to social media. "So it's time that we get back to the roots of college football — when it was focused on the colleges, the players and the competition, the community, the fan experience, and the pageantry. ... I'm ready to bring the juice back to college football."

Go Gophers!!

Snoop should be in the monetizing HOF

How is that equivalent to all the 💵 Snoop has made by monetizing his brand?

Luther made 🥜 compared to Snoop.
https://y.yarn.co/344e41cd-ef7a-47bd-b5f7-2e8b9f5f83e8_text.gif

344e41cd-ef7a-47bd-b5f7-2e8b9f5f83e8_text.gif

Top Bottom