The Athletics Top 25 College Football Coaches (PJ #20)

WindyCityGopher

Reaction score
PJ ranked 20th best college football coach by The Athletic’s Stewart Mandel, 4th in Big Ten behind Day, Harbaugh and Chryst, but ahead of Franklin, Ferentz, Tucker and Fitzgerald.

20. P.J. Fleck, Minnesota (2021: No. 18): Fleck’s Gophers overcame some bad injury luck and a weird loss to Bowling Green to finish 9-4 last season and raise their three-year Big Ten record to 16-9. That’s the program’s best run since 1960-62, even with a 3-4 record sandwiched between 7-1 in 2019 and 6-3 in 2021.

#21 per Feldman, but we've all known Mandel gets it and Feldman is a dink:

21. P.J. Fleck, Minnesota (2021: NR): The Gophers’ 2021 season was quite impressive, considering the ridiculous run of injuries they had, losing almost their entire running back room. They kept finding 100-yard backs, though, and managed to win nine games. They did lose to really bad Bowling Green team, but overall this season showed just how good of a coach Fleck is. In 2019, Fleck led the Gophers to an 11-2 record and No. 10 ranking. Overall, he’s 65-45 in his career, which includes a No. 15 season at Western Michigan.

Go Gophers!!

PJ ranked 20th best college football coach by The Athletic’s Stewart Mandel, 4th in Big Ten behind Day, Harbaugh and Chryst, but ahead of Franklin, Ferentz, Tucker and Fitzgerald.

20. P.J. Fleck, Minnesota (2021: No. 18): Fleck’s Gophers overcame some bad injury luck and a weird loss to Bowling Green to finish 9-4 last season and raise their three-year Big Ten record to 16-9. That’s the program’s best run since 1960-62, even with a 3-4 record sandwiched between 7-1 in 2019 and 6-3 in 2021.

Here's the Mandel link:

Go Gophers!!

Mandel only thinks we played 8 conference games, so there is that type of knowledge. I think Fleck is a top 25 coach based on what he has established here. Hope to see more this fall.

Mandel only thinks we played 8 conference games, so there is that type of knowledge. I think Fleck is a top 25 coach based on what he has established here. Hope to see more this fall.
Only 1 loss though in those 8, so I can live with that mistake.......................;)

Top Bottom