The 2021 Gophers football season will be a success if?…

BleedGopher

Reaction score
We beat wisconsin and Iowa. It’s time.

What is a successful 2021 for everyone else?

Go Gophers!!

Any one of the following three:
1) match/exceed 2019's 11 total wins
2) at least 9 total wins, but we win the Axe and the Pig
3) win the west and play in the B1G championship

Ya, but as a 4th option … just winning 9 games wouldn’t be in the failure category for me.
Just a little nervous what we look like next year without many of the top 25-30 performers from this year.
So, it is kinda this year or bust. Very curious what PJ’s emphasis will be next year. He tells us what he expects…Year Zero to this years’ over the top love fest with this year’s team.

Last edited:

Unfortunately success this year MUST include a win in Iowa City.

Any number of other superlatives can be applied to anything beyond 8 wins based on most of the prognosticators seeing the Gophers at .500.

But not "success." Kirk's day's are numbered...have to see that smirk wiped off his face before he retires or is sent off to pasture (literally since this is I-O-W-A). Also, be sure to use all our timeouts...

Would love to see Gopher fans trying to take the goalposts out of Kinnick...

Unfortunately success this year MUST include a win in Iowa City.

Any number of other superlatives can be applied to anything beyond 8 wins based on most of the prognosticators seeing the Gophers at .500.

But not "success." Kirk's day's are numbered...have to see that smirk wiped off his face before he retires or is sent off to pasture (literally since this is I-O-W-A). Also, be sure to use all our timeouts...

Would love to see Gopher fans trying to take the goalposts out of Kinnick...
As we have not played in the B1G Championship since it was created, I would call this year a success if we get that monkey off our back regardless of how many games we lose or who we lose them to on the way there.

But that's silly because, there is no such thing as winning the West without beating Iowa and Wisconsin.

The West has always gone through them. Only NW has managed to do it.

Not if?...
when?...The Golden Gophers beat everyone in the west and represent in the B10 Championship.
This is the year to start our run.

This is what I was going to say.

As we sit here today.....not being in serious contention for the West would be a disappointment so will say being a legit contender in the West is a successful season.

But the bar could raise or lower based on how teams look. So many factors can come into play over the course of a season that can drastically shift expectations.

Minimum: 6 wins, one of them over either Iowa or Wisconsin, plus a bowl win. Even better, 7-5 and a bowl win. Anything beyond that is wunderbar!

Top Bottom