That's right, isn't it?

#93fanclub

Reaction score
The guy in front of me today was screaming to pull Weber and let Gray play. I told him that we can't because Gray might throw an interception. That's what I'm supposed to say, right?

no, you are supposed to say Weber has had more than his chance and it is time to move on to Gray. Will Gray lead us to many victories? who knows but we wont know until we try it. Brew is gonna play Weber next year and waste another year of Gray's eligibility.

If there is one thing that is making my support of Brewster waiver is his insistence to play Weber despite of Weber's piss poor play. The more I watch other college football games, the more I realize how bad Weber is and how he would not be starting at about 90% of D-1 colleges based on his play this year. I do not want Brew to get fired because I hate the coaching carousel we have had since Brewster started, but if he is fired it will likely be for good cause, i.e. a losing season. In such instance, I will not feel that bad for him because I will blame it on his poor decision to not play Gray this season. Next season's schedule is not any easier and getting Gray experience now will give us a better chance at a winning record next season. As it currently stands, based on Weber's regression, next season could be a huge step backwards for this program and lead to the end of the Brewster experiment.

What's remarkable...

is that Weber doesn't have to be a superstar to produce a winning record and make Brewster look smart even with a somewhat more difficult schedule.

As third year starter, by now he should have mastered:

> a short, accurate passing game;
> an ability to throw short/intermediate routes accurately on the run;
> reasonable accuracy long;
> blitz check-off;
> sack avoidance techniques;
> enough accuracy to avoid preventable INTs.

and I'm sure our qb gurus can add others.

Weber shows enough of these skills occasionally...MSU...to get everyone cranked-up about his talent/skill level...BT honors etc. The problem is that the skills seem to come and go...disappear...then miraculouly reappear...only to disappear yet again...to the consternation of GHers/GN.

Top Bottom